Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello! I'm wanting to become a social worker, however I have no clue what I should look for in a masters degree for it, especially since my undergrad major isn't social work, but instead sociology with a social justice concentration. I don't really know what type of social work that I want to do, and I don't know if that will hinder me in fully making the most out of a master degree (if that makes sense). Does anyone have any advice as to what to look for/good programs? Thanks!

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I am in the social services field and know that accredited programs have similar classes in the MSW program. You could either do a clinical degree leading to licensure, such as a therapist, or do a more policy orientated approach. So you more than likely need to know if the program you are interested in has your tract. Licensure for clinical is a test you take after the program is over. I would suggest you look at schools that interest you and the costs associated with them. You might want to have an objective for doing the degree such as I want to work in policy for lgbt issues or I want to be a therapist for mental health needs of adults. Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use