Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi! I'm needing any advice I can get on applying to Phd programs in the fields I mentioned or just the humanities in general.

I have a 4.0 in my art history MA program at a public university with a focus on African American photography, my thesis is on the Farm Security Administration and Richard wright's 12 million black voices. I have one publication through my school in an exhibition catalogue which focuses on photography from Hurricane Katrina. I worked as a student worker at my school's library archives for 2 and half years and was a teaching assistant my whole program. I also did my own funded archival research at Yale this spring looking at the Richard wright papers as well as some intern work as an archivist cataloging some of an artist's work. I'm really hoping to work a lot of my archival research into my thesis and maybe publish a chapter if it's strong enough.

I'm wanting to applying for phd in the next year or two and I'm just feeling very anxious/ unqualified. Thank you in advance for any advice!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use