I'm an Applied Mathematics student (entering senior year) with a GPA of 3.9. Here are some of my academic and extracurricular experiences:
Participated in the Directed Reading Program (DRP) three times and gave research presentations at the end of each semester. (studying pde, complex analysis, dynamical system)
Currently conducting research with a senior lecturer through a whole year research program. My work mainly involves reading research papers, learning the background theory, and preparing an introductory survey paper. This is actually a program in math department and I just finished a research poster presentation last semester
Team leader for DataFest (a statistical data analysis competition). I lead team of five students, and we won first place at our university.
I graduated half-year ahead of schedule and have currently secured an internship at an AI company spanning from January through September of next year.
This summer, alongside my research, I spent the majority of my time independently studying Andrew Ng's courses on Machine Learning and I am considering applying to Master's programs in Computational Mathematics.
Given my background, what types of programs would be the best fit for me? What should I focus on during the next 2 year to become a applicant (PHD program)? Thanks!
Question
ewqwwwwww
I'm an Applied Mathematics student (entering senior year) with a GPA of 3.9. Here are some of my academic and extracurricular experiences:
Participated in the Directed Reading Program (DRP) three times and gave research presentations at the end of each semester. (studying pde, complex analysis, dynamical system)
Currently conducting research with a senior lecturer through a whole year research program. My work mainly involves reading research papers, learning the background theory, and preparing an introductory survey paper. This is actually a program in math department and I just finished a research poster presentation last semester
Team leader for DataFest (a statistical data analysis competition). I lead team of five students, and we won first place at our university.
I graduated half-year ahead of schedule and have currently secured an internship at an AI company spanning from January through September of next year.
This summer, alongside my research, I spent the majority of my time independently studying Andrew Ng's courses on Machine Learning and I am considering applying to Master's programs in Computational Mathematics.
Given my background, what types of programs would be the best fit for me? What should I focus on during the next 2 year to become a applicant (PHD program)? Thanks!
0 answers to this question
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now