acerawls Posted July 30 Posted July 30 As the title says, I'm wondering if my C+ in advanced macroeconomics will affect my application severely. I've graduated now but have the option to retake the class... should I? It won't count towards my GPA but might be a good signal. I was also thinking of taking a few extra math courses (up to real analysis) as a signal, and for future PhD applications. My GPA is 3.75 (would've been 3.78 without the C+), and I've gotten all A- or As in my econ courses, except for two Bs in intermediate micro and advanced econometrics. I think I have pretty strong LORs, have a summer of research assistant experience, and written two theses, one of which is non-econ but may be published in the next few months. I haven't taken the GRE yet so I can't speak on that. I'm applying mostly in Canada (UBC, UofT) and Europe (LSE, Oxbridge, UCL, Bocconi). Alex741 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now