Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, when I graduated from undergrad in '21, literally all the grad programs I looked into were no longer requiring GRE scores for admission (mostly developmental, quantitive, experimental, or just general psychology phd programs). This was obviously due to covid at the time. I've been checking in on a long list of programs every year since then and it seemed that absolutely nobody was requiring the GRE for apps. I would maybe catch a school here or there that says they accept scores but don't require.  Now that I've been rechecking programs this year I've seen more than a couple say they're starting to require the GRE again on their updated application pages.

Is the GRE requirement for grad school applications (specifically for psych phd programs) making a come back? 

Let me know if ya'll have heard anything about this. I thought the GRE was kind of obsolete at this point or just optional at least for the types of programs I've looked into. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use