Should I accept?

mareserinitatis

I applied to three programs. One was a "backup". I haven't heard from the backup or one of the other programs. However, I was accepted to the third (at a Big 10 school) with full funding guaranteed for four years.

I'm wondering about the other big school I applied to. I like the place that accepted me, but I'd like to know if the other place is going to take me (and if so, what the offer will be). I'm thinking this won't change my mind if I am accepted, but I'm worried they might come out of the woodwork with a really awesome offer...and then I kick myself very hard for not waiting.

Should I just accept the offer I have and go with it? Or should I wait and see on the third school? (FYI, I don't *think* they have a wait list at the place I was given the offer, so I'm hoping I'm not holding anyone up. But I'm worried in case they do.)

I talked with my hubby and decided to accept the offer I have. Primarily, it will make it easier on my family. (The other place was much farther and would have required my husband to change jobs. He's not crazy about that idea.)

So if anyone is on the waitlist where I accepted, they'll get a denial. :oops: However, as soon as I hear back from the other programs, I can let them know that I will not be attending, thus making it easier for the next person in line. 8)