Public Policy PhD applicants

flyers29

Anyone here apply for Public Policy Ph.D programs this cycle? I applied to Maryland and George Mason. Looking to focus around security and defense policy.

Hey, Me here!! i applied for Public Policy as well. Applied for Maryland as well :))) GM was on my original list, but i dropped off the last minutes...though i had everything ready. Since its interest area does not perfectly fits mine. I focus on International development. Later i heard GM's funding was not as generous as most schools. But it is a great school that a lot of beauties there :P

you only applied for 2 programs? i applied for 6...actually not many choices to perfectly fits the research area

I also applied to a low-tier political science/IR program. But yeah, 3 total isn't a lot. Public policy is so broad of a field that the number of programs that are close to my research interests are pretty limited.

I also applied to a low-tier political science/IR program. But yeah, 3 total isn't a lot. Public policy is so broad of a field that the number of programs that are close to my research interests are pretty limited.

i agree. you will be fine!! good luck!!

• 1 month later...

I applied to Harris, (top choice) Kennedy, Heinz, Ford & Wagner. Just got my rejection from Kennedy this week. Not expecting to hear anything from anyone for at least another 2 weeks and getting anxious.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard from Harris or Ford yet?

Not yet from Harris. and i did not apply fpr Ford.

Harris said that final decisions are supposed to be out from March 18 -22. It is for all applicants. Not sure if PhD programs are also within that time frame.

Also, i got nervous whenever they mentioned 'we had record number of applicants'.....do they mean master applicants?? or PhD applicants as well??

ohh welllll.......:(

I got the same email from Harris. It's my top choice and I'm doing everything I can to just take a lot of deep breaths btw now and then. I think Ford had said at some point that they'd be sending PhD decisions out closer to the end of the month. I know they have a pretty small program so they may be a little overwhelmed.

Any other news?

Not yet from Harris. and i did not apply fpr Ford.

Harris said that final decisions are supposed to be out from March 18 -22. It is for all applicants. Not sure if PhD programs are also within that time frame.

Also, i got nervous whenever they mentioned 'we had record number of applicants'.....do they mean master applicants?? or PhD applicants as well??

ohh welllll.......:(

I just received an acceptance phone call from Harris. Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon!

many congrats!!!

though i am still waiting for Harris' result...waiting waiting waiting...any idea that you might have sent out all admits already??? thanks!

i am also waiting for Wagner. Feel that the result will come out even later while Wagner has the earliest deadline 1 December!!

I think Wagner said something about April.

I still have 3 schools to hear from but in order to deal with my nervousness I am trying to think about what I'd do if I didn't get in anywhere. Anyone else pursuing this line of thought?

many congrats!!!

though i am still waiting for Harris' result...waiting waiting waiting...any idea that you might have sent out all admits already??? thanks!

i am also waiting for Wagner. Feel that the result will come out even later while Wagner has the earliest deadline 1 December!!

still waiting for Harris and Wagner. got 6 rejections, including my Heinz. I guess I have to begin my next round application and GRE now. Sad and disappointed. Sorry to let my parents down. sigh……

Anyone heard from UMD? For those got accepted to UMD, will you be attending the program? Thanks.

I got accepted. Though i am still waiting for the last school to give the result, but i gues mostly i will be attending UMD.

Just received a rejection from Maryland (yes, received an email this late at night saying a decision was up on my online account). Kind of expected it, so 2 to go now...

Just received a rejection from Maryland (yes, received an email this late at night saying a decision was up on my online account). Kind of expected it, so 2 to go now...

that stinks, esp after all the waiting. good luck with the others!

GMU-SPP is the last school I am waiting to hear from....I feel the word will probably be coming out very soon....last year (as you probably know) most people heard within the first six days of April. I am just ready for this process to be over....after three rejections....I am just praying that SPP will be my "school" in shining armour!

Has anyone else heard anything?

Have you heard from GMU Public Policy? Do you know when they are mailing out the letters?

Have you heard from GMU Public Policy? Do you know when they are mailing out the letters?

Nope, also hoping it's a similar timeline to last year. I do have another program with a Jan 15 deadline that hasn't given me a decision yet...at this point GMU might end up beating them! <_<