Transportation Engineering Fall 2011 Admits

Skyflash

Hey! So I've heard back from Texas A&M, UT Austin, and RPI (unofficially).

TAMU's transportation program contacted me and their visit weekend is March 3-5. I just found out from the UTAustin website that I was accepted, but the transportation program hasn't contacted me or anything... anyone else in a similar situation with UTAustin? Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, everyone! Greetings from Shanghai, China!

It looks like there are not many applicants for Transportation Engineering program in the Forum.

I have received acceptance letters from Purdue, UC Davis, U Florida and Oregon State U, but heard no word regarding funding opportunities so far.

Besides, I have also applied for UBC (Canada) and got admitted with RA. However, it still costs 15,000 CAD/year. What do you think of UBC, especially in terms of the reputation and education quality in transportation engineering?

Well, best wishes to all of you!

Hey everyone!

So I finally called UC Berkeley because I know two people (one masters and one PhD) who were admitted to the program. Michael Cassidy let me know that I wasn't accepted because they had no funding for PhD students. Oh well, I wasn't going to Berkeley anyways but they could at least have emailed me or something.

I'm guessing that if you haven't heard back from Berkeley chances are they're avoiding the dreaded rejection email. :(

Sorry and good luck everyone else.

Hi, spade20k

did you mean they won't accept any phd student this year?

Hey everyone!

So I finally called UC Berkeley because I know two people (one masters and one PhD) who were admitted to the program. Michael Cassidy let me know that I wasn't accepted because they had no funding for PhD students. Oh well, I wasn't going to Berkeley anyways but they could at least have emailed me or something.

I'm guessing that if you haven't heard back from Berkeley chances are they're avoiding the dreaded rejection email. :(

Sorry and good luck everyone else.

Hi, spade20k

did you mean they won't accept any phd student this year?

I'm just repeating what they told me. "We didn't have enough money to fund PhD students this year." Cooper, I would suggest calling and seeing what they have to say to you. Maybe I misunderstood what they told me.

And Skyflash, I called them -- they didn't indicate if they were sending mail or not.

Sorry...

thanks spade20k, and did you hear anything from MIT?

I'm just repeating what they told me. "We didn't have enough money to fund PhD students this year." Cooper, I would suggest calling and seeing what they have to say to you. Maybe I misunderstood what they told me.

And Skyflash, I called them -- they didn't indicate if they were sending mail or not.

Sorry...

UC Davis told me that I have been placed on the second tier of students for funding opportunities. It is like a denial to me.

But at least UC Davis told me something. Where are the other schools? I am desperate for some updates on my application status, whether it is admission or not.

Anyway, I hope things work out for the best for every one!

Edited by zhanzhao

And I'm saying bye bye to MIT. Decisions were posted on the website.

Oh well... Has anyone heard back from ASU or Irvine yet?

No news from UC Irvine either.

Sorry that your application was denied by MIT. But at least you have some great alternatives, like UT Austin, GaTech and TAMU, all of which have top transportation enginering programs. I am very happy for you!

Edited by zhanzhao

• 3 weeks later...