Case Western Reserve, U of Pittsburgh?

Audreypenn

Hey guys! I applied to several MSW programs for 2011fall and I've got admission of these two schools and I'm still waiting for the scholarship decision from them.

I guess CWRU will give me some scholarships cause they seem to give money to all incoming students, and hopefully Pitt will also give me some money, but since Pitt is a public univ, I don't think they will give me much. BTW the tuition fee of Pitt is just as high as some private schools %>_<%~

The MSW programs of these two schools are more or less the same, I mean according to the usnews 2008, CWRU ranked 10th and U of Pitt ranked 14th(only for MSW program). However I prefer Pittsburgh than Cleveland, and I just love the Cathedral of Learning ^_^~

Since I'm an international student, I don't know much about these two univs, now could you guys give me some constructive suggestions about which university to go to? Based on the campus, city life, COL, intership, job market, people and other aspects? And which univ has better reputation in the States?

I heard that in the US it's really hard to find jobs out-state, is it true?

I also applied to WUSTL and UW-Seattle, and their decision is not made yet.

Where would you go to in this situation?

I'll take all of your suggestions seriously(*^__^*) ……Good Luck to everyone!

Hey guys! I applied to several MSW programs for 2011fall and I've got admission of these two schools and I'm still waiting for the scholarship decision from them.

I guess CWRU will give me some scholarships cause they seem to give money to all incoming students, and hopefully Pitt will also give me some money, but since Pitt is a public univ, I don't think they will give me much. BTW the tuition fee of Pitt is just as high as some private schools %>_<%~

The MSW programs of these two schools are more or less the same, I mean according to the usnews 2008, CWRU ranked 10th and U of Pitt ranked 14th(only for MSW program). However I prefer Pittsburgh than Cleveland, and I just love the Cathedral of Learning ^_^~

Since I'm an international student, I don't know much about these two univs, now could you guys give me some constructive suggestions about which university to go to? Based on the campus, city life, COL, intership, job market, people and other aspects? And which univ has better reputation in the States?

I heard that in the US it's really hard to find jobs out-state, is it true?

I also applied to WUSTL and UW-Seattle, and their decision is not made yet.

Where would you go to in this situation?

I'll take all of your suggestions seriously(*^__^*) ……Good Luck to everyone!

Hello,

I too recently was accepted to Pitt and am waiting to hear from UW Seattle. I would say WUSTL and UW has a "better reputation," but I would go to the school that offers me the best financial aid packet. It would make the most sense,financially speaking, as it would provide the greatest return investement from the student loans we have to take out. Honestly, all the schools you applied to are great. If you have a specific interest and one school excels in that area, I would lean more towards that specific school.

I can tell you that the cost of living is fairly inexpensive in Pittsburgh and the school has hundreds of internship opportunities, so there are some pros to Pitt.

Good luck. I hope this helped a little bit.

Hello,

I too recently was accepted to Pitt and am waiting to hear from UW Seattle. I would say WUSTL and UW has a "better reputation," but I would go to the school that offers me the best financial aid packet. It would make the most sense,financially speaking, as it would provide the greatest return investement from the student loans we have to take out. Honestly, all the schools you applied to are great. If you have a specific interest and one school excels in that area, I would lean more towards that specific school.

I can tell you that the cost of living is fairly inexpensive in Pittsburgh and the school has hundreds of internship opportunities, so there are some pros to Pitt.

Good luck. I hope this helped a little bit.

THKS a lot Dubi!

You information is really important to me!

I think right now I just have to wait for the scholarship decision and yes, I would also go to the school that "offers me best financial aid packet":lol:

Thank you so much and GL :) !