MFA Graphic Design

robobabycrusher

My guess is as good as yours unfortunately. I have no idea if they do a second round of interviews. There's not much info about this from past forums either.

Hi mooncake, thanks for your info. Just wondering no words from RISD so far = rejection???

Edited by mooncake

Good question. I'm interviewing there on Friday - i'd be interested to hear your thoughts after your visit. I applied to the 3yr, my background is not in GD so you'd probably have a different perspective than me.

Why do you think RISD's GD program is so reputable, I wonder if Maeda has had any contribution to the program yet. Looking at the past thesis shows, it all looks like mediocre print work. Any know of what the current work is like there?

Good question. I'm interviewing there on Friday - i'd be interested to hear your thoughts after your visit. I applied to the 3yr, my background is not in GD so you'd probably have a different perspective than me.

Cool, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the work that is going on there.

Hey wooboo, I hope your interview went well. I had mine this past Saturday. It went by super fast since they timed it so short, and of course I didn't get to ask everything I wanted and said only half the things I wanted to say. Damn this hindsight! Do you know how many people they are interviewing for the 3yr program?

Anyway, hope we hear some good news soon!

Interviewed at MICA last Friday. It seemed to go well! Hoping to hear back from them this week, although they didn't specify when they'd do so.

I also got accepted to the University of Washington this afternoon! I'm very happy.

Interviewed at MICA last Friday. It seemed to go well! Hoping to hear back from them this week, although they didn't specify when they'd do so.

I also got accepted to the University of Washington this afternoon! I'm very happy.

Congratulations on getting into Washington! I hear they have a great program, and all the teaching assistants get tuition waiver and health coverage!

I know what you mean about not having enough time. I think mine went well *fingers crossed* - I forgot to ask when they'd be getting back to us. Not sure how many people they're interviewing. I was able to talk with a few of the 3-yr and 2-yr students, and they were all super nice and enthusiastic about the work, which is great. I found it a little weird that the building was far from the rest of campus but I'm sure I'd get used to it. I browsed through some of the grad theses at the library but other than that I didn't get to see much student work. What were your impressions?

Hey wooboo, I hope your interview went well. I had mine this past Saturday. It went by super fast since they timed it so short, and of course I didn't get to ask everything I wanted and said only half the things I wanted to say. Damn this hindsight! Do you know how many people they are interviewing for the 3yr program?

Anyway, hope we hear some good news soon!

Congratulations on getting into Washington! I hear they have a great program, and all the teaching assistants get tuition waiver and health coverage!

Thank you! They do have a great TA program with tuition waivers plus stipends. I didn't know about the health coverage... I'll have to dig into that to learn more. Have you heard back from your schools yet?

Thank you! They do have a great TA program with tuition waivers plus stipends. I didn't know about the health coverage... I'll have to dig into that to learn more. Have you heard back from your schools yet?

Yeah, I already got accepted to CCA and Carnegie Mellon design programs. I hope to hear from RISD 2yr program sometime soon.

I have also applied to Calarts for Graphic Design,

My friends have already got the admission so I called the admission office this morning,

it seems that they have already reviewed my files and reached a decision.

but they refused to tell me the result and asked me to wait until the official result by Apr, 1st.

It's so annoying!!

I have also applied to Calarts for Graphic Design,

My friends have already got the admission so I called the admission office this morning,

it seems that they have already reviewed my files and reached a decision.

but they refused to tell me the result and asked me to wait until the official result by Apr, 1st.

It's so annoying!!

Did you also interview or have you heard nothing at all?

has anyone heard from MICA? someone posted in another thread that they were accepted via email this past friday, and that they were going to continue contacting people today...and i haven't heard anything! my interview was a little over a week ago and i didn't expect to hear back for at least a couple of weeks, so hearing that some people have been accepted is making me really anxious! good luck everyone!

Hmm interesting I interviewed for the Graphic Design program as well and they said their decisions go out after March 18th by snail mail...who knows at this point..Was the person accepted email applying to the GD program btw or another one?

has anyone heard from MICA? someone posted in another thread that they were accepted via email this past friday, and that they were going to continue contacting people today...and i haven't heard anything! my interview was a little over a week ago and i didn't expect to hear back for at least a couple of weeks, so hearing that some people have been accepted is making me really anxious! good luck everyone!

Hmm interesting I interviewed for the Graphic Design program as well and they said their decisions go out after March 18th by snail mail...who knows at this point..Was the person accepted email applying to the GD program btw or another one?

they said it was for the graphic design MFA...i also thought they were going to wait until at least the 18th to send out notices, so i'm confused too! maybe they interviewed in an earlier group, so they are being notified earlier? i have no idea if that's how it works or not, so like you said...who knows at this point! :)

Edited by aesthetic