MFA Graphic Design

robobabycrusher

Isn't the process a blast?! lol... I know they contacted interviews Feb 18, 25 and then March 4 so possibly....I just want to know already lol...I loved it there! I interviewed on the 25th when did you?

they said it was for the graphic design MFA...i also thought they were going to wait until at least the 18th to send out notices, so i'm confused too! maybe they interviewed in an earlier group, so they are being notified earlier? i have no idea if that's how it works or not, so like you said...who knows at this point! :)

Edited by mfafingerscrossed

well at least we are all in the same boat! hopefully that's not a bad thing! :) i interviewed on 3/4 too. i really didn't expect to hear anything back for 2-3 weeks, so i was surprised to hear someone else did so soon. i also LOVED it so i'm crossing my fingers that we will all hear good news soon!

I too interviewed at MICA on 3/4 for the Graphic Design MFA and I'm dying to hear back from them. My guess is that we'll be notified via e-mail on 3/18. They have sent me many messages via e-mail, so I assuming it'll be the same with acceptance or rejection notifications. Anyone else heard anything??

Some users heard from MICA/acceptances..Have you heard anything yet?

I too interviewed at MICA on 3/4 for the Graphic Design MFA and I'm dying to hear back from them. My guess is that we'll be notified via e-mail on 3/18. They have sent me many messages via e-mail, so I assuming it'll be the same with acceptance or rejection notifications. Anyone else heard anything??

Got news yesterday by e-mail!

CALARTS, RISD, accepted!

MFA GD

RISD - Interviewed - Accepted

MICA - Interviewed

CALARTS - Interviewed - Accepted

SVA - Interviewed

YALE - Rejected

Congrats! Any strong preference(s) at this point or are you still waiting for all results to come in?

Got news yesterday by e-mail!

CALARTS, RISD, accepted!

MFA GD

MICA - Interviewed

SVA - Interviewed

YALE - Rejected

Not yet, but apparently it will be today from what I have read. I can't stop refreshing my inbox!

Hoping to know soon. The waiting is killing me.

Some users heard from MICA/acceptances..Have you heard anything yet?

Not yet, but apparently it will be today from what I have read. I can't stop refreshing my inbox!

Hoping to know soon. The waiting is killing me.

the wait is unbearable! i haven't gotten an email today, so they must be sending them out via snail mail...which means just a couple of days until we find out...

the wait is unbearable! i haven't gotten an email today, so they must be sending them out via snail mail...which means just a couple of days until we find out...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I didn't get a phone call either, so I guess we should know in a few days.

AHHHHH! More waiting…

Anyone else heard anything?

Did you hear anything from MICA..Still nada on my end!

has anyone heard from MICA? someone posted in another thread that they were accepted via email this past friday, and that they were going to continue contacting people today...and i haven't heard anything! my interview was a little over a week ago and i didn't expect to hear back for at least a couple of weeks, so hearing that some people have been accepted is making me really anxious! good luck everyone!

nope, nothing today! i'm assuming it will come by mail now...the website says they send out decisions on the 18th, so it could be only a matter of days before we find out! i'm so nervous!

Did you hear anything from MICA..Still nada on my end!

i saw that too...i felt great about my interview, so i'm remaining optimistic! but nothing from the mailman today...maybe monday?

Yeah idk I'm anxious too because I heard through this forum people got personal emails and then a phone call followed by mail.

Why do you think RISD's GD program is so reputable, I wonder if Maeda has had any contribution to the program yet. Looking at the past thesis shows, it all looks like mediocre print work. Any know of what the current work is like there?

@negative: Sorry, It wasn't meant to be a cheap shot. I wouldn't be applying there if I wouldn't consider going there. I am earnestly asking the question, it is more a comment on what is represented online because rarely it is indicative of recent or the totality of what is going on. So I was curious if anyone had better insight. Cheers.

Did you also interview or have you heard nothing at all?

I‘ve heard nothing from them, I guess they are still considering

PS, I don't think I will have an interview coz I'm a BFA

Congrats! Any strong preference(s) at this point or are you still waiting for all results to come in?

Preferences for RISD, and MICA. But still waiting for all results to come in.

____________________________ MFA GD

MICA - Interviewed

SVA - Interviewed

YALE - Rejected

Via snail mail... Yeah I know... I mean of course I would have loved to have received an acceptance letter..but I'm going wait it out and see what happens as well as seeing the results of the other schools I applied to even though I LOVED MICA.

Ah, well— better than rejected I suppose, huh? How did they notify you? Snail mail?