MFA Graphic Design

robobabycrusher

Accepted at MICA (Illustration) and Pratt (CommD MFA). Waitlisted at RISD (argh!)Anyone have thoughts they'd like to share on MICA Illustration or Pratt CommD? They're both new programs... makes me a little hesitant to say yes, especially having seen hardly any student work from the actual programs...

How did you hear from Pratt via email, snail mail or phone call etc?

Accepted at MICA (Illustration) and Pratt (CommD MFA). Waitlisted at RISD (argh!)Anyone have thoughts they'd like to share on MICA Illustration or Pratt CommD? They're both new programs... makes me a little hesitant to say yes, especially having seen hardly any student work from the actual programs...

If you or anyone wants my honest opinion on Pratt CommD MFA, message me. Although I didn't go through their graduate program, I got my BFA CommD there.

Alright... has anyone heard back from RISD graphic design yet?

I just talked to them on the phone and they said they should have decisions done by Friday.

no, but i didn't have an interview with them so i'm assuming i'm rejected...unless they don't interview everyone?

They said they don't interview everyone.. and if you're dying to know if you're in or not, to give them a call on Monday. ::sigh::

no, but i didn't have an interview with them so i'm assuming i'm rejected...unless they don't interview everyone?

thanks for the heads up! i had no idea that they didn't interview everyone, so i just assumed that since i didn't hear from them (and i saw other people had interviewed) that it meant a rejection. I'll definitely be on the lookout for any word from them! thanks and good luck!

They said they don't interview everyone.. and if you're dying to know if you're in or not, to give them a call on Monday. ::sigh::

I heard last Friday by email that I'm wait-listed for the 3-yr program...

thanks for the heads up! i had no idea that they didn't interview everyone, so i just assumed that since i didn't hear from them (and i saw other people had interviewed) that it meant a rejection. I'll definitely be on the lookout for any word from them! thanks and good luck!

Thank you! They do have a great TA program with tuition waivers plus stipends. I didn't know about the health coverage... I'll have to dig into that to learn more. Have you heard back from your schools yet?

So I finally received my letter from Washington with all the assistance and stipend offers... just after I accepted RISD's offer.

Accepted by RIT. :)

Rejected by MICA and RISD. <_<:(

Still waiting for SVA and SCAD.

But I think i am gonna go for RIT.

Didn't see anyone mentione RIT ? or i might have missed it out.

If anyone's planning on going to RIT let me know.

Wow, congrats! Did UW make you a good offer?

Yes, they offered me a tuition waiver and health coverage, it's the best financial offer I got so far. Too bad I received this after I made my decision...

Got news today by snail mail. SVA, accepted!

MFA GD

RISD - Interviewed - Accepted

MICA - Interviewed

CALARTS - Interviewed - Accepted

SVA - Interviewed - Accepted

Yale - Rejected