Summer English Graduate Courses

Hi everyone! Good luck to those of you waiting to hear back from programs! In the meantime, I hope this question might be a useful procrastinatory outlet.

A friend of mine is a high school teacher looking to enroll in a summer graduate course in English--ultimately, the goal is to earn an MA. I know of programs like Bread Loaf and the Masters in Liberal Studies at Wesleyan and Dartmouth. Are any of you aware of:

1. Summer Masters programs in English or the humanities aside from the three I've just listed?

2. English departments that offer graduate-level English courses during the summer (i.e., June-August)?

Thanks so much for your help! I'm hoping that some of you, in researching MA or PhD programs, may have come across some leads.

Hi everyone! Good luck to those of you waiting to hear back from programs! In the meantime, I hope this question might be a useful procrastinatory outlet.

A friend of mine is a high school teacher looking to enroll in a summer graduate course in English--ultimately, the goal is to earn an MA. I know of programs like Bread Loaf and the Masters in Liberal Studies at Wesleyan and Dartmouth. Are any of you aware of:

1. Summer Masters programs in English or the humanities aside from the three I've just listed?

2. English departments that offer graduate-level English courses during the summer (i.e., June-August)?

Thanks so much for your help! I'm hoping that some of you, in researching MA or PhD programs, may have come across some leads.

Sewanee—a liberal arts college in TN for those non-Southerners/non-liberal arts folks—offers a summer masters program in English to get an MA or MFA. I think it's also targeted specifically to teachers, but it's an amazing program from what I've heard. http://www.sewanee.edu/SL/SLHome.htm

I know that many CUNY 4-year schools (not the Graduate Center) offer graduate courses in English in the Fall and many of those programs are geared towards those who want to receive their Master's for teaching.(Edit: And because they are urban public institutions the cost is about as minimal as is possible.)

Edited by diehtc0ke