Other Schools

Myshkin

• 2 weeks later...

I know of several people who have received rejections from WashU; however, I don't know of anyone who has been accepted or waitlisted. NYU, to my knowledge, has yet to notify anyone and I was told by a current student not to expect to hear anything for a few weeks. I'm waiting to hear from both NYU and University of Washington myself.

• 3 weeks later...

I was accepted to University of Washington - Seattle almost 4 weeks ago, but their funding situation is so bad there that they couldn't promise anything.

I know things are tough right now, but if you can't fund your phd students, then maybe you shouldn't be accepting phd applications? Realistically, who can enter a phd program without some form of partial support?

Someone on another forum said that some schools who don't have waitlists, just accept people without funding offers and that this is their equivalent of a waitlist, but I'm not sure if I buy that.

I'm mailing my 'no thank you' letter tomorrow as soon as I buy a stamp.