Campus Visit w/interviews UIC

jabberwacki218

I have a visit coming up this Monday to University of Illinois at Chicago, and I am meeting with four professors, grad students, attending a TA meeting as well as sitting in on a class. I had prepared myself for something of an admissions interview after I found out I was meeting these professors, but yesterday I got an admit e-mail, saying I had been admitted by the department. So, if I've already been admitted, what should I expect from these interviews? They are individual interviews with each professor, some with research interests related to mine, and some not at all.

I'm incredibly nervous as I've never met with any graduate professors before, or visited any campuses yet. I am maybe slightly (only slightly) less nervous knowing that I got in...but still really unsure as to how to prepare myself, what to expect to discuss, what to bring, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

ALSO: Big Question: I am wondering what to do if A. they ask if they are my first choice (they are one of my top choices, I have three that I feel equally about) and B. will they try to pressure me into saying I will enroll? Will they ask me if I plan on attending and how should I answer...I honestly don't know yet as I haven't heard back from any other schools yet, and if I have choices, my husband's job prospects will probably come into play.

Basically I am just worried they will expect me to make a decision there, or that it will affect any funding decisions if I can't tell them immediately yes or no.

I have a visit coming up this Monday to University of Illinois at Chicago, and I am meeting with four professors, grad students, attending a TA meeting as well as sitting in on a class. I had prepared myself for something of an admissions interview after I

found out I was meeting these professors, but yesterday I got an admit e-mail, saying I had been admitted by the department. So, if I've already been admitted, what should I expect from these interviews? They are individual interviews with each professor, some with research interests related to mine, and some not at all.

I'm incredibly nervous as I've never met with any graduate professors before, or visited any campuses yet. I am maybe slightly (only slightly) less nervous knowing that I got in...but still really unsure as to how to prepare myself, what to expect to discuss, what to bring, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

ALSO: Big Question: I am wondering what to do if A. they ask if they are my first choice (they are one of my top choices, I have three that I feel equally about) and B. will they try to pressure me into saying I will enroll? Will they ask me if I plan on attending and how should I answer...I honestly don't know yet as I haven't heard back from any other schools yet, and if I have choices, my husband's job prospects will probably come into play.

Basically I am just worried they will expect me to make a decision there, or that it will affect any funding decisions if I can't tell them immediately yes or no.

Don't worry I have spoken to few professors for my interviews- q &a is relatively simple and most stick to research related question and mentor selection....I have applied to UIC- I received an invitation to open house for visiting their housing- don't know what it means....acceptance or rejection or waitlisted...they are asking me to finalize my school by May 1 in email....I havent heard from my Dept....

Be prepared to discuss your research/program direction...