University of Maryland (MPP) official thread

letsjustgo

It seems that there are many in this thread who have applied to the University of Maryland's School of Public Policy. Some have even begun to hear back (according to thegradecafe Results search). So I thought I'd start a thread to track results.

I haven't heard back, for either admissions or the RFFG fellowship. For those who have heard back, were you notified via email? Anyone else hear back about RFFG?

cheers and good luck to all!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that there are many in this thread who have applied to the University of Maryland's School of Public Policy. Some have even begun to hear back (according to thegradecafe Results search). So I thought I'd start a thread to track results.

I haven't heard back, for either admissions or the RFFG fellowship. For those who have heard back, were you notified via email? Anyone else hear back about RFFG?

cheers and good luck to all!

I would also love to hear any information anyone has on this!

I applied to the MPP and received a very short and informal admission e-mail last Monday. It indicated that an official letter would be arriving shortly, but included no information about funding. I'm working out of the country right now, so I'm not sure if the letter has arrived at my parents' house yet or not.

For the others out there still waiting, I wouldn't worry. It seems like the responses are just starting to trickle out and that many applicants have yet to hear either way. Good luck!

I applied to the MPP and received a very short and informal admission e-mail last Monday. It indicated that an official letter would be arriving shortly, but included no information about funding. I'm working out of the country right now, so I'm not sure if the letter has arrived at my parents' house yet or not.

For the others out there still waiting, I wouldn't worry. It seems like the responses are just starting to trickle out and that many applicants have yet to hear either way. Good luck!

Thank you for the update! I had emailed Taryn Faulkner a few weeks back when the first couple of decisions popped up in the Results search and she said, similarly, that admissions decisions will be sent out in batches. Congrats on your admit!

Does anyone know whether we will be able to see our admission results in the "Check Application Status" section of the ASF? I noticed that one person posted in the Results that they received their admissions status online.

Edited by letsjustgo

I just checked my status and found the following:

"A decision has been made regarding your application. You will receive a hard copy of the decision letter by mail. Your decision letter should be available to review online 48-72 hours after the date listed below.

Date Document

2/16/2011 Letter is not available for online viewing"

Any other U of Maryland applicants see this before they got their decision?

Edited by letsjustgo

I just checked my status and found the following:

"A decision has been made regarding your application. You will receive a hard copy of the decision letter by mail. Your decision letter should be available to review online 48-72 hours after the date listed below.

Date Document

2/16/2011 Letter is not available for online viewing"

I'm hoping that the delayed availability of this letter doesn't mean that I've been rejected. Any advice??

I found the same thing on my status. I checked again a few hours later and the letter was available and it was an acceptance. :D So it doesn't necessarily mean you've been rejected. I think the delay is just due to scanning the letter in the system.

I found the same thing on my status. I checked again a few hours later and the letter was available and it was an acceptance. :D So it doesn't necessarily mean you've been rejected. I think the delay is just due to scanning the letter in the system.

Thank you! I've temporarily been put at ease...

I submitted on 12/12/10. I just heard back on 2/17/11 with an acceptance! :-)

To all those who have heard back, do you mind sharing when you submitted your application? I just submitted mine a couple weeks ago and I'm curious what the turnaround is.

To all those who have heard back, do you mind sharing when you submitted your application? I just submitted mine a couple weeks ago and I'm curious what the turnaround is.

i submitted mine back in october (!). but from what i can tell the admissions decisions coming out are not based on when you submitted (unless, of course, you submitted after the deadline).

Yay! Finally got an acceptance email/updated status online. No packet yet.

Weird - I didn't receive an email, my decision came via post - it actually arrived at my parents' house, rather than to my apartment. Maybe check up on your listed permanent address?

Weird - I didn't receive an email, my decision came via post - it actually arrived at my parents' house, rather than to my apartment. Maybe check up on your listed permanent address?

Did this contain funding information from the department or was it just the letter from the grad school?