University of Maryland (MPP) official thread

letsjustgo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!!! Was your status updated on the Maryland system?

I just got my offer packet! REALLY ridiculously generous offer that for me being out of state works out to almost full tuition... I was NOT expecting that!!!!!! I have a lot of thinking to do...

I just got my offer packet! REALLY ridiculously generous offer that for me being out of state works out to almost full tuition... I was NOT expecting that!!!!!! I have a lot of thinking to do...

Major congrats! that's awesome. hope we all hear the same. :)

Received the admittance email Friday, and the Department packet the following Tuesday (yesterday). No word yet on funding... Actually, they DID say that they have yet to secure finaid for me... Does this mean they're looking for a professor with a research grant who will take me on? Strango Mango.

Ok I just got both my decision and funding letters in one big packet via snail mail ...

I got accepted with a generous half assistantship, My decision just got really hard !

good luck everyone !

Ok I just got both my decision and funding letters in one big packet via snail mail ...

I got accepted with a generous half assistantship, My decision just got really hard !

good luck everyone !

Congrats! GC members seem to be hearing goods things from UMD overall. I hope to hear the same. :) I was informed that my packet was sent to an old address. I'll be waiting of the new packet sent out Monday.

I was surprised to find an email inviting me for an admitted students' open house. The irony is I haven't received an acceptance yet and they want me to RSVP by 18th March. I have written to Taryn, and may call her tonight. Anyone else out here with similar experience?

Also have the acceptances been sent out via email or snail mail. I am an International student and hence snail mail may take its own sweet time!

I was surprised to find an email inviting me for an admitted students' open house. The irony is I haven't received an acceptance yet and they want me to RSVP by 18th March. I have written to Taryn, and may call her tonight. Anyone else out here with similar experience?

Also have the acceptances been sent out via email or snail mail. I am an International student and hence snail mail may take its own sweet time!

I am an international student, and suppose to have Skype interview today,

I didn't receive any e-mail about the open house... hmmmm kind of weird. by the way, have you interviewed?

Edited by luckystar

An interview? Hmm, that is interesting. I am an international student as well but I did not get to interview with Maryland. Oh well, I already got my letter of admit in the mail (although it was sent to my sister's house in the US) but I am rejecting due to lack of funding. Good luck to you and everyone!

I am an international student, and suppose to have Skype interview today,

I didn't receive any e-mail about the open house... hmmmm kind of weird. by the way, have you interviewed?

An interview? Hmm, that is interesting. I am an international student as well but I did not get to interview with Maryland. Oh well, I already got my letter of admit in the mail (although it was sent to my sister's house in the US) but I am rejecting due to lack of funding. Good luck to you and everyone!

Yeah I just had interview by phone. Guess they were not that sure about me?

Well, I was told that I will hear within this week. Thank you for wishing me luck, I really need financial aid and hope I could get some..

I think they did acceptances first by an email notification letting you know a decision was made and you could then access the decision on your UMD application within 24-48 hours. I received a copy of that letter within a week in the mail, and then the funding decision and full departmental information came about a week after that. It was a process with a lot of steps. Have you checked your account?

If you got an invite from Dr. Faulkner, that means you've been accepted to the program. Happened to me too! I checked my mailbox after i got that email-- and found my acceptance package! So your's should be in the mail too-- the letter was dated march 10th and posted the very next day!

I just checked the website and it still says Pending Decision. I hope what you say is true though! :-)

If you got an invite from Dr. Faulkner, that means you've been accepted to the program. Happened to me too! I checked my mailbox after i got that email-- and found my acceptance package! So your's should be in the mail too-- the letter was dated march 10th and posted the very next day!

Yep checked the account but nothing yet!

I think they did acceptances first by an email notification letting you know a decision was made and you could then access the decision on your UMD application within 24-48 hours. I received a copy of that letter within a week in the mail, and then the funding decision and full departmental information came about a week after that. It was a process with a lot of steps. Have you checked your account?