Brainstorm: How do we increase the accuracy of the Results page?

socandwomen

I noticed that only 391 people on Facebook "like" this website. Sure, many people who use this site may not connect their Facebook account, but I've seen mundane YouTube videos with greater support.

PSU Social Psychology, a program I'm very interested in, has only three ZERO reports* (for lack of a better term?) on the Results page, and the whole Psych program at PSU has only three reports. As psychology students, we all understand the uselessness of this sample. And personally, even though there are gems of information on the forums (when the occasional RA or grad student posts), I think that a lot of the speculation is counterproductive.

It's my guess that if we increase awareness about this site (the advertisers will looove us!) among the departments we currently work in, social media websites, we might expect increased reporting on the Results page?

This isn't science, obviously. As we know, there are SPAMMY reports (please report them if possible!).

Right now, I work as a research assistant at PSU. So far, I haven't asked anyone in the department about what is happening with the admissions process (not directly). Before I begin a GC awareness campaign here at PSU , what are everyone's thoughts about this? Particularly, what are the ethical / policy-breaking concerns of increased reporting of admissions committee behavior? Are there any? And what are the reasons people are not connecting their FB accounts to GC?

*I have the impression, based on personal observation and anecdotal evidence, that subdivisions of Psychology at PSU like, IO, Social, Cognitive, don't collaborate, like, at all. So, if an applicant is interested in the admissions behavior of one (in my case, Social Psych), he/she shouldn't look at the other subdivisions' behavior.

Edited by socandwomen

I like your question/think it is a good one. Maybe if you post this in the Lobby or another place where a lot of different people will see it, you will spark a more thorough discussion. :)

I noticed that only 391 people on Facebook "like" this website. Sure, many people who use this site may not connect their Facebook account, but I've seen mundane YouTube videos with greater support.

PSU Social Psychology, a program I'm very interested in, has only three ZERO reports* (for lack of a better term?) on the Results page, and the whole Psych program at PSU has only three reports. As psychology students, we all understand the uselessness of this sample. And personally, even though there are gems of information on the forums (when the occasional RA or grad student posts), I think that a lot of the speculation is counterproductive.

It's my guess that if we increase awareness about this site (the advertisers will looove us!) among the departments we currently work in, social media websites, we might expect increased reporting on the Results page?

This isn't science, obviously. As we know, there are SPAMMY reports (please report them if possible!).

Right now, I work as a research assistant at PSU. So far, I haven't asked anyone in the department about what is happening with the admissions process (not directly). Before I begin a GC awareness campaign here at PSU , what are everyone's thoughts about this? Particularly, what are the ethical / policy-breaking concerns of increased reporting of admissions committee behavior? Are there any? And what are the reasons people are not connecting their FB accounts to GC?

*I have the impression, based on personal observation and anecdotal evidence, that subdivisions of Psychology at PSU like, IO, Social, Cognitive, don't collaborate, like, at all. So, if an applicant is interested in the admissions behavior of one (in my case, Social Psych), he/she shouldn't look at the other subdivisions' behavior.