University of Iowa

eriquita0115

Hey everyone,

I have been accepted at University of Iowa (my first choice) for a MA in Second Language Acquisition and French. I am waiting on hearing about funding. Has anyone who applied to U. of Iowa heard about funding yet?

Thanks!

Erica

I applied for the Art History M.A. and received a letter from the graduate school yesterday stating that they could not fund me at this time, with an enclosed sheet about filling out a FAFSA. And yet I got 5 years full funding from Northwestern....huh? Iowa was my safety school....

I hope you have better luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Any other Hawkeyes out there?

Why yes. I too will be attending the University of Iowa starting in the fall, and pursuing a PhD in Philosophy. I will be on a fellowship the first year and TA for the remaining years. I know some applicants in philosophy (especially those that treat the PGR as the holy grail) would think I am crazy since I had comparable offers from better ranked schools but after my visit a while ago I know I made the right decision. I am super excited about starting classes and working with various faculty members; however, I am somewhat nervous about moving and all that jazz. I also hope to hear from some more future Iowa grad students and to hear their concerns, excitement, plans, programs, etc.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use