Anyone know what happened to the MDP at Korbel?

cckrspnl56

Anyone know what happened to the MDP program at Korbel? Just received an e-mail that reads..."The Josef Korbel School of International Studies is suspending acceptance of new students to the Master’s in Development Practice degree for the upcoming year and will not be accepting students into this degree for the coming academic year. Unfortunately, this means that your application will not be considered for the Master’s in Development Practice program. "

That's pretty bumming to me as I was very excited for the MDP program. Anyone know what the problem was?

same here got it today. too bad, i dont know what happened.

Anyone know what happened to the MDP program at Korbel? Just received an e-mail that reads..."The Josef Korbel School of International Studies is suspending acceptance of new students to the Master’s in Development Practice degree for the upcoming year and will not be accepting students into this degree for the coming academic year. Unfortunately, this means that your application will not be considered for the Master’s in Development Practice program. "

That's pretty bumming to me as I was very excited for the MDP program. Anyone know what the problem was?

Current Korbel student here, except I'm not in MDP (although I've met some MDP students.)

I think from what I've heard from the rumor mill is that they will only have cohorts every other year instead to keep the program small: benefits being smaller class sizes/better interactions with profs.

If you're interested in development, there's a regular MA in international development here too, but it's not very field intensive like the MDP. However, the development students I know are very happy with what they're doing.

Hmm, if that's true, it seems like they should have made that decision before we applied. Then again, I think this is the first year for MDP at Korbel - so I guess it's understandable if they are still learning about how this program will work in practice. I wonder if we could defer admission and enter the MDP next year? - just speculation.

Are any of you guys going to consider the MA in International Development or are you now looking to other MDP programs?

Thx HopefullIR.

I'm not going to consider the MA in int devel there. I can't justify the price for what I would study.

I applied to U of Florida Gainsville MDP program, have yet to hear from them. Other than that I got into the IR program with maxwell at syracuse and am waiting to hear from the IR program at UCSD.

Edited by palabared