UPenn Sociology

CNDSoc

Alas, I believe it does. I was rejected last year and didn't hear anything. I received an e-mail with my rejection letter attached on Feb 24 (last year). Sorry! And I am sure you'll receive good news from some other great programs. Who wants to go to Penn anyway!

Who wants to go to Penn anyway!

Bah, I did. I guess the silence is bad news. Is this true for all programs that have already admitted people but not sent news? I'm still waiting back from Berkeley (yeah, i don't care, i know they're rejecting me), UCLA (i hope), and PSU (Come on!)

Alas, I believe it does. I was rejected last year and didn't hear anything. I received an e-mail with my rejection letter attached on Feb 24 (last year). Sorry! And I am sure you'll receive good news from some other great programs. Who wants to go to Penn anyway!

Ah well! Too bad..

I'm anticipating a rejection from Harvard too (this was my obvious long shot from the start), so Vandy, Case Western, & UBC are left!

UBC said they weren't sending out acceptance letters until March or April, just in case anyone else is waiting to hear from them.

Given the paucity of acceptances or rejections from them, I am trying to have an cautiously optimistic take on my application status with them.

U Penn would be a great school to go to, and I'd be grateful for the opportunity to be challenged by their faculty there.

(sending good thoughts towards those in the same boat. this is my last chance for admission this year)

• 3 weeks later...

My heart goes out to whoever posted their rejection from Pennsylvania today and indicated that they'd been rejected from all schools and would now be giving up on their dream of being a sociologist. I am truly sorry, friend. That made me very sad. If your dream is to ultimately become a sociologist then I hope that either your path leads you back to that somehow, or you find something you love more.

My heart goes out to whoever posted their rejection from Pennsylvania today and indicated that they'd been rejected from all schools and would now be giving up on their dream of being a sociologist. I am truly sorry, friend. That made me very sad. If your dream is to ultimately become a sociologist then I hope that either your path leads you back to that somehow, or you find something you love more.

Me too... I read that and felt very sad. I don't think you should give up your dream. There's so much chance to the admissions process that it's hard to know what the outcome will be, regardless of your profile and stats. I've known people who applied three times (and one person who applied four times) to grad schools, and finally got admitted in the last try. Never give up!

• 3 weeks later...

I just called today because it's the only school I haven't heard back from and they said I was waitlisted, but couldn't tell me where on the list. It was confusing because I hadn't heard anything from them one way or another. Then they also said the earliest I'd be able to hear back would be April 15th.