Cornell 2011

aceslamdunk

Has anybody heard from Cornell, or is anybody waiting to hear from them? Cornell's my reach school, so there's little chance of getting accepted, but I'm still hoping!

Otherwise, does anybody know much about the department? Is it very selective?

Thanks!

Oh so the interview short list has gone, is it?? :( If you dont mind, can you share your profile ?

got an interview with them. but i probably won't do it since i already have a few other ones in mind. they sent out interviews to all their shortlist candidates

I had applied to Development Sociology in Cornell. was this invite for Sociology or for Development Sociology?

I also applied to Development Sociology. Has anyone heard from them yet?

I just got my acceptance to Sociology at Cornell B)

I've no idea about developmental Soc though.... good luck you guys!

Congrats! Did you just hear today? When was the application due date for Sociology at Cornell, was it Jan 15th like development Soc? On that note does a later application necessarily mean a later decision date?

I'm going crazy waiting to hear from Cornell. The professor that I spoke to in the Dev Soc program knows one of my professors here at UW and told him that she was really impressed with me. While this seems promising the fact that I haven't heard anything from them is stressing me out and I'm not sure how much of a say individual professors have when it comes to admission decisions.

Yeah, I just heard on Friday. The deadline was Jan 15 for regular Soc too.

But Cornell has been way slower than any of the other schools, even ones with later deadlines, so I wouldn't give up hope.

I totally sympathize with the bad feeling of waiting and hearing nothing, though....good luck!

Yeah, I just heard on Friday. The deadline was Jan 15 for regular Soc too.

But Cornell has been way slower than any of the other schools, even ones with later deadlines, so I wouldn't give up hope.

I totally sympathize with the bad feeling of waiting and hearing nothing, though....good luck!

Just checked the results page. Seems like over the past few years the Dev Soc program doesn't send out notification either way until mid March. I guess it's two more weeks of waiting for me. I did notice that the acceptance rate is about 50% though which is encouraging.

• 4 weeks later...