Too late to e-mail professors?

dolphin

Hi,

I have been accepted in two universities for (Fall 2011) PhD program. I haven't e-mailed any professor as mentioned in respective department websites (not to e-mail professors before admission and disturb them). I'm in two minds now to e-mail or not. I don't want to create an impression that I'm contacting them after admission only for a job/money!

I wonder if it is too late to e-mail professors for research work with them.

Let me know what you think and help me decide!

Thanks all.

Now would be a perfect time to call. They accepted you so as a department they want you. Plus, how can you decide on which school without contact?

Thanks for the reply!

I didn't want to give a negative impression so though that way. I was planning to write an e-mail mentioning my interest and including attachments of relevant work. Will soon post it!

Maybe you should hold off actually attaching anything to the email yet! Most professors have limited email quota on their emails ( not to mention time ), so maybe you should give a short overview of what you did and ask them whether they would like to receive those attachments before actually sending them.