Art History PhD

art_hist_grad

Hey,

I'm applying to PhD programs in Art History. Accepted so far at University of Chicago and Northwestern. Very excited but still hoping waiting to hear from Princeton or Yale - anyone heard from them? If answers have gone out and I haven't yet heard, I can take that as a no and start figuring out what moving to Chicago means...

Would appreciate any info! Thanks and good luck to all.

BTW - to all those rejected ones out there -- last year I got in nowhere and tried again and have a wait-list and two acceptances + $$. So, don't give up!

;-)

Hey,

I'm applying to PhD programs in Art History. Accepted so far at University of Chicago and Northwestern. Very excited but still hoping waiting to hear from Princeton or Yale - anyone heard from them? If answers have gone out and I haven't yet heard, I can take that as a no and start figuring out what moving to Chicago means...

BTW - to all those rejected ones out there -- last year I got in nowhere and tried again and have a wait-list and two acceptances + $. So, don't give up!

;-)

You might want to move your question to the art history forum here: http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/66-art-history/

Checking the results board might also help (just search for art history). I think some people have might have heard from Yale, but I'm not positive.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how/when did you find out you were accepted at UChicago and Northwestern? What's your subfield?

Hey,

BTW - to all those rejected ones out there -- last year I got in nowhere and tried again and have a wait-list and two acceptances + $. So, don't give up!

;-)

I'm still waiting to hear from Yale, too (for art history). What's your specialty?

I'm also still waiting to hear from Penn and Michigan, and was unofficially told by a professor at Columbia that I was rejected from there... so... Come on Penn, Yale and/or Michigan! Any one of you would be superb.

I'm still waiting to hear from Yale, too (for art history). What's your specialty?

I'm also still waiting to hear from Penn and Michigan, and was unofficially told by a professor at Columbia that I was rejected from there... so... Come on Penn, Yale and/or Michigan! Any one of you would be superb.

I just got rejected by Michigan today. So maybe no news is good news at this point...

Also, your username is amazing. :)

Thank you! :)

It was certainly a let down to be rejected, but I knew Michigan would be a long shot. On the bright side, I was accepted by UPittsburgh with funding, and I still have five schools to hear from. So I'm trying to look at the bright side. I hope things work out for you in this crazy process!

It was certainly a let down to be rejected, but I knew Michigan would be a long shot. On the bright side, I was accepted by UPittsburgh with funding, and I still have five schools to hear from. So I'm trying to look at the bright side. I hope things work out for you in this crazy process!

5 schools! I'm sure you'll get in other places in addition to Pittsburgh! :) I only applied to 5 schools in the first place - and now that I'm seeing all the schools people apply to on this forum, I'm starting to think I should have applied to like 10 schools ;) Increased chances!

Let me know when you hear from your other schools. That's so exciting!!

By chance, was UCLA one of the ones you applied to?

5 schools! I'm sure you'll get in other places in addition to Pittsburgh! :) I only applied to 5 schools in the first place - and now that I'm seeing all the schools people apply to on this forum, I'm starting to think I should have applied to like 10 schools ;) Increased chances!

Let me know when you hear from your other schools. That's so exciting!!

Thank you so much for the kind words (and smiley faces! :rolleyes:). And I hope you're right and that I do get into someplace else as well, if only so I can stop thinking that the first acceptance was a fluke (I know it wasn't, but sometimes it just feels that way).

I didn't apply to UCLA. I'm still waiting on Chicago (probably a lost cause), Northwestern (same), Bryn Mawr, CUNY, and Williams (MA).

Thank you so much for the kind words (and smiley faces! :rolleyes:). And I hope you're right and that I do get into someplace else as well, if only so I can stop thinking that the first acceptance was a fluke (I know it wasn't, but sometimes it just feels that way).

I didn't apply to UCLA. I'm still waiting on Chicago (probably a lost cause), Northwestern (same), Bryn Mawr, CUNY, and Williams (MA).

Those are all stellar programs :) I was going to say - it's good you didn't apply to UCLA. I graduated from their art history department (BA) this year, and the faculty are so outraged over the state fee increases that many retired!

I was going to apply to Northwestern but I just didn't have the stamina by the time I was done with my other applications. Also - a professor from Columbia told me that Williams is THE singlehanded best MA program for art history in the nation. He was incredibly adamant about it. Good taste!

Those are all stellar programs :) I was going to say - it's good you didn't apply to UCLA. I graduated from their art history department (BA) this year, and the faculty are so outraged over the state fee increases that many retired!

I was going to apply to Northwestern but I just didn't have the stamina by the time I was done with my other applications. Also - a professor from Columbia told me that Williams is THE singlehanded best MA program for art history in the nation. He was incredibly adamant about it. Good taste!

Thank you! I *almost* didn't apply to Williams, but one of my letter writers really encouraged me to do so. Looking at your signature, I can see that you have good taste in schools as well! It's pretty sad about the situation with the California schools. There are some amazing state schools there, but everything appears to be in such a state of flux because of the budget problems. :unsure:

I love how positive this thread has been. It's been a long week, but it's nice to visit gradcafe and read about/talk to people who are going through the same things. :)

Thank you! I *almost* didn't apply to Williams, but one of my letter writers really encouraged me to do so. Looking at your signature, I can see that you have good taste in schools as well! It's pretty sad about the situation with the California schools. There are some amazing state schools there, but everything appears to be in such a state of flux because of the budget problems. :unsure:

I love how positive this thread has been. It's been a long week, but it's nice to visit gradcafe and read about/talk to people who are going through the same things. :)

I'm starting to realize the importance of optimism. Until a few days ago, I was driving myself crazy wallowing because I don't have any acceptances yet. Then this week, a lightbulb went off... I still have to hear from 4 schools, and I like to that that's a positive sign :)