h

livmoredyles

I guess they have an NIH training grant (which is a really good thing!) and they want to be sure it is renewed before guaranteeing funding. I think it is weird, however, for it to be up in the air right now. I would e-mail the prof thanking him/her for the offer and then ask what happens if they don't get the training grant renewed. They might be able to offer you an RA or TA, if so ask for how much. If you really liked the school, I'd get it down to this school and one other and then wait to hear back about the training grant and be sure you know what you'll do if it is or is not renewed. I haven't heard of any other schools doing this, but maybe they tried to up the amount of the grant or something weird. I would definitely get more information from the professor though, good luck!

edit: I just realized that you said that they are trying to get you on the grant, so maybe it's more of whether or not they can add another student, not whether or not the grant is renewed. In any case, get more info asap! Hope you have another option in case this falls through.

edit: I just realized that you said that they are trying to get you on the grant, so maybe it's more of whether or not they can add another student, not whether or not the grant is renewed. In any case, get more info asap! Hope you have another option in case this falls through.

The prof. implied I would not be accepted unless I was funded through this grant. Also I feel I would be annoying if I contacted her since she asked me to wait until the 15th, which in their time isn't very long, but for me it's FOREVER!

After doing some research just now I think they are trying to get an increase in the number of slots. NIH said that this is allowed but must be approved, so I think they may be waiting for approval which worries me considering the status of our economy may lead NIH to not be as financially generous.

Keep your fingers crossed, I feel like I wont be able to breathe until April 15th and I have so much work to do.