Princeton? Harvard?

art_hist_grad

Not true in regards to Art History at Duke. I never contacted any faculty during the application process, I did not get invited to a prospective student weekend, I have never spoken with/met anyone from the department, and today I received an email from my POI and from the graduate school notifying me that I have been accepted with funding (the details of which are forthcoming). This came as a complete shock. I think the moral is that the departments seem to be doing whatever they want this year and it's pretty pointless to try and psych out what they are doing, and when they are doing things.

What a long, strange trip this application season has been!

borromini's girl, are you gonna accept? congratulations; you must deserve it :)

Thank you, and I don't yet know if I will accept. I've received other offers so I'm weighing my options.

Cool-- Duke is a great program; I'm on the waitlist and I would love to go. You must have some great options! Good luck in finding the school that best fits. If for some crazy reason one of your options is BU, let me know-- I'm currently a student there and I can give you (or anyone out there) some feedback on what it's like.

I think the Harvard has made their final decision, even has already sent the results. Probably rejection letter sent by post? So it takes some days. I was emailed that I was not admitted because I wrote to the coordinator of the Graduate Program. The email is short, but very nice. I am not frustrated at all. Life is going on :)

Any updates on Harvard?

Cool-- Duke is a great program; I'm on the waitlist and I would love to go. You must have some great options! Good luck in finding the school that best fits. If for some crazy reason one of your options is BU, let me know-- I'm currently a student there and I can give you (or anyone out there) some feedback on what it's like.

angieray85:

I have applied to BU. However, when I emailed my POI, she informed me that she was leaving. Do you happen to know if they have filled Hilda Westervelt's place?

angieray85:

I have applied to BU. However, when I emailed my POI, she informed me that she was leaving. Do you happen to know if they have filled Hilda Westervelt's place?

We've had three candidates in to fill her spot: Anthony Mangieri, S. Rebecca Martin, and Kristen Seamen. The search committee is soliciting feedback from the department (including the students) so they can make the best decision. I don't know when they're making their decision, but I imagine it'll be very soon, as feedback was due by March 6. If you end up coming here you're almost sure to be working w/ one of those three scholars. Hope this helps!

We've had three candidates in to fill her spot: Anthony Mangieri, S. Rebecca Martin, and Kristen Seamen. The search committee is soliciting feedback from the department (including the students) so they can make the best decision. I don't know when they're making their decision, but I imagine it'll be very soon, as feedback was due by March 6. If you end up coming here you're almost sure to be working w/ one of those three scholars. Hope this helps!

I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

;)

Thanks!!!

I think the Harvard has made their final decision, even has already sent the results. Probably rejection letter sent by post? So it takes some days. I was emailed that I was not admitted because I wrote to the coordinator of the Graduate Program. The email is short, but very nice. I am not frustrated at all. Life is going on :)

Oh good! That's really useful! I wish they would send out an e-mail, but I'll wait a few more days and maybe do like you did.