Contacting the group of interest

pgx

Is it okay if I contact the group I applied to if the decision has been already made? Still haven't heard anything from the university. How will this be received by them - as me nagging them? Can it have a negative impact on the application?.

if you think the decision has been made and you haven't heard squat, i think contacting them would be fine... given that you have nothing lose at this point. who cares if they think!? but in all seriousness, it is/should be considered an inquiry and not nagging. not having heard doesn't always mean rejection, but who knows! i have my fingers crossed for you.. good luck!

Is it okay if I contact the group I applied to if the decision has been already made? Still haven't heard anything from the university. How will this be received by them - as me nagging them? Can it have a negative impact on the application?.

I think it's ok to contact the department (rather than the professor) to ask if all decision have been made - but I would still wait at least a couple more weeks first. It's still February and in some cases, decisions are made in March.