Need advise: Pard Rand Graduate School vs UW Evans

ruppina

Hi Folks,

I just received admission from Pardee Rand Graduate School and UW Evans School for PhD programs. One in Policy Analysis and one in public policy and management. I am interested in environment and energy policy research. I know both school has pros and cons but would like to hear everyeon'e opinion about each school. I am especially interested in any one who knows about UW's PhD program because it seems very young.

Many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I just received admission from Pardee Rand Graduate School and UW Evans School for PhD programs. One in Policy Analysis and one in public policy and management. I am interested in environment and energy policy research. I know both school has pros and cons but would like to hear everyeon'e opinion about each school. I am especially interested in any one who knows about UW's PhD program because it seems very young.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Ruppina,

I have also been accepted at PRGS! You might have heard this a lot, but it really depends on how you view your future career. For me RAND is the perfect choice, because I don't particularly want to pursue an academic career, but be more focused on "real life" applications. Besides, I don't think there is any other Policy analysis program that has as much diversity as RAND (I will focus more on Health policy). From the looks of it, RAND really works you hard through the program combining both academics and actual policy analysis projects, not many Universities can offer such diversity.

Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with the UW Evans program.

Will you be going to the preview weekend in April? I will be there even though it will take me an eleven hour flight! Hope to meet you there.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jiggyjunk

I am going to the open house at the end of this month so hope will see you there.

What do you think about PRGS funding level? Not sure the fellowship will be enough to cover up the living expenses......

Hi Ruppina,

I have also been accepted at PRGS! You might have heard this a lot, but it really depends on how you view your future career. For me RAND is the perfect choice, because I don't particularly want to pursue an academic career, but be more focused on "real life" applications. Besides, I don't think there is any other Policy analysis program that has as much diversity as RAND (I will focus more on Health policy). From the looks of it, RAND really works you hard through the program combining both academics and actual policy analysis projects, not many Universities can offer such diversity.

Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with the UW Evans program.

Will you be going to the preview weekend in April? I will be there even though it will take me an eleven hour flight! Hope to meet you there.

Cheers!

• 3 years later...

Hi! I am a current student and I can say that the fellowship is enough to cover living in California (rent, utilities, food and some extracurricular activities). I live a mile away from the office and share a 3 bedroom apartment with other students. External funding would definitely make for an easier life.