Public Health??

Guest whoknows

Anyone in MPH? Any admits/rejects? I haven't heard anything from anyone yet... kinda getting anxious :?

Haven't gotten any accepted/rejected letter yet, either.

Very very very anxious!

Which program r u applying 4? :roll:

Hi,

Applied to Grad Schools - public health. Have got rejections from Yale and Wagner (NYU). Have got acceptance from Heller School (Brandeis Univ).

Any one got responses from Harvard, WUSTL or Johns Hopkins yet?

Guest noclue

I'm waiting for some of those Ph.D. Epi programs, too! What is taking these schools so long? I have an offer from another discipline that came a month ago and I just want to get on with my life. Is no news bad news? Has anyone heard anything?

Guest hello

I'm also waiting for result. I got admission from U of Michigan and Minnesota. But, I have no idea about Harvard U.

As somebody mentioned about it, is no news good or not? Is there anyone who heard from Harvard School of Public Health?

I'm also waiting for result. I got admission from U of Michigan and Minnesota. But, I have no idea about Harvard U.

As somebody mentioned about it, is no news good or not? Is there anyone who heard from Harvard School of Public Health?

Is this for the Epi Ph.D. at Minnesota? If so, when did you hear?

Guest hello

In fact, I applied to Environmental Health Sciences at UM for MS not Ph.D.

I had received the admission first week of Feb. :)

Guest hello

Hello everyone!

I am an international student from Korea.

I had received a good news from Hravard University School of Public Health yesterday.

After I called the department office yesterday morning, I received an email from the school.

If anyone applied to the same school, Harvard University, call the office and get a good news~~!

My major is Environmental Health Sciences for Master of Science.

Thanks God!

God bless you guys for the admission.

Guest whoknows5

Hey guys, out of curiosity, were you those in MPH able to receive funding in any shape or form..Ive been trying to look for ways to fund my education but have no idea how to go abouts doing so, ive tried calling the financial aid office of several schools and they werent helpful. If youve received funding, particularly if youre an international student like myself (Canada), can you tell me how you went abouts requesting funding or tuition waiver, who do i call ..Im so lost, :(

Ive already been accepted to UAB (alabama) and USC if that helps

Guest noclue

Rant time.... Has anyone heard anything? I'm pissed that these schools are taking so long. If I've been rejected, just tell me. I think my application fee deserves an email or a letter. If they accept me, that means I will have (less than) 3 weeks to make an important decision. Maybe my frustration is a sign that these schools aren't for me. I'm starting to lean towards the schools that have been more considerate and helpful during this process.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deepaksoni

This is Ankita. I have done my Masters in Social Work from India. Currently I am living in New Haven with my spouse.

I have been accepted to three MPH programs in Health Policy and Management. They are - Columbia, UMass, Boston University. I have a few questions regarding the MPH program. Your advice would help me in making a decision.

How important is program ranking in this field?

Which school would you recommend among the above mentioned?

What are the job opportunities for people in health policy and management concentration?

How good are the job opportunities after an MPH and what are the challenges especially for an international student?

How intensive is the MPH program?

How was your MPH experience?

Does it matter if I donot have any science background?

In Boston I have the option of a dual degree in public health and social work. Would you recommend that? I may get a similar option at Columbia if I get admitted to the social work program.

What was your MPH specialization - was it health policy? If not will you be able to connect me with someone who had this concentration, especially at Columbia?

Regards,

Ankita

• 10 months later...

I was accepted to Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health for a doctoral program in Human Nutrition. They tend to get back pretty early (I am currently in the Masters program).

I saw one person heard from NYU but it was Wagner. I applied to the NYU Steinhardt School of Education - anyone hear from them?

How about University of Maryland department of Public and Community Health?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

UCLA is awesome! i went there for undergrad.

did you apply to any other schools? it just so happens that i didn't apply to any of the schools you applied to except for USC.....

admitted: UMich, UIllinois Chicago, UMass Amherst, Emory, Brown

waiting for: NYU, Columbia, Yale, USC, BU

rejected/waitlist:

Nah, just those 3. UCLA's the only one I wanted to attend, USC was a backup, and UC Berkeley was for bragging rights. Why not go to UCLA again? Its a good program and you can't beat the location...

FYI, Im sire you got the email, but USC changed their PH supplemental application a week or two ago, so if you obesessively check your admissions status like me, thats may be whats holidng it up. Still no word from them though...

• 2 weeks later...