Harvard History PhD Admissions

SecondBlackPrez

I am in the UK and got my Harvard rejection through snailmail today; it was marked the 16th too. Not sure how much stock you should put in that though.

Hey there Mertonian, sorry to hear that, although I imagine you're not too disappointed given the Columbia result. I guess we'll be seeing each other in New York in the fall then (80% chance I'll end up at Columbia)...

Hello,

I've applied for a PhD in the History of Science and I haven't heard anything. One poster listed on the results forum that they were accepted via phone. (Congrats and well done to the poster!)

Has anyone else heard anything from the department one way or another?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've applied for a PhD in the History of Science and I haven't heard anything. One poster listed on the results forum that they were accepted via phone. (Congrats and well done to the poster!)

Has anyone else heard anything from the department one way or another?

Thanks!

I have also applied to History of Science and haven't heard anything yet. I've lost hope--expecting that rejection letter in the mail.

Best of luck!

Yesterday, two rejections were reported for History & Middle Eastern Studies. Both by post. It seems that Harvard reached decisions on that programme, and it is just a matter of time when snail mail reaches applicants. Sigh.

I have also applied to History of Science and haven't heard anything yet. I've lost hope--expecting that rejection letter in the mail.

Best of luck!

Me too! I keep hoping to hear something from someone :/. Other programs that I have applied to have been in touch with me from the start.

If I may ask, where else have you applied to?

Best Wishes!