Anyone hear from Columbia or Syracuse?

Artist1

I didn't see that. I applied for painting. Haven't received email or anything. I'm going to go back through the thread. But you'd think they'd send the rejection emails already. It's been a month and a half. :/

I saw the posting in the other "freak out" thread that someone had heard that Columbia had called applicants 1 March. Has anyone on this forum who applied to any genre besides painting actually been called? Thanks!

They send out the rejection letters *after* they've made their final decisions. If you haven't heard this week, you haven't gotten it. Unfortunately, you won't get the official rejection until late March, early April.

I'm bummed too, man. Sorry.

I didn't see that. I applied for painting. Haven't received email or anything. I'm going to go back through the thread. But you'd think they'd send the rejection emails already. It's been a month and a half. :/

I heard from Columbia yesterday. Got a phone call requesting an interview for late March. (Sculpture) They also said "official" emails go out this week. Good luck!

I saw the posting in the other "freak out" thread that someone had heard that Columbia had called applicants 1 March. Has anyone on this forum who applied to any genre besides painting actually been called? Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that. I still haven't heard anything from Syracuse. I'm getting impatient.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that I was rejected from Columbia because they have already been calling artists for interviews....

Syracuse... I dunno.

I received a rejection letter via e-mail from Syracuse today. :/

this week as in the past week or are you referring to this coming week (week of the 7th)? Is this for the painting concentration as well?

They send out the rejection letters *after* they've made their final decisions. If you haven't heard this week, you haven't gotten it. Unfortunately, you won't get the official rejection until late March, early April.

I'm bummed too, man. Sorry.

As in this past week. I've applied several times - it's the same deal every year. Calls are made first week of march with interviews for the end of the month.

Major bummer, I know. I'm pretty gutted. As with all things, It helps to know someone on the inside, for sure.

this week as in the past week or are you referring to this coming week (week of the 7th)? Is this for the painting concentration as well?

Saw this on the website:

Here's what the website states:

Admissions Policies

Notification of Admission

In most cases, official notification that a decision has been made will be delivered by e-mail. For security, such e-mail does not contain the decision itself however, decision information will be posted in the on-line application. Decisions are made and communicated during the months of March and April. Official decision notifications are made by the School of the Arts and not individual departments or programs. Only letters or e-mail sent directly from the School of the Arts may be considered official notifications of admission and financial aid. The Office of Admissions cannot give decision results over the phone.

It is important that you keep both your e-mail address and mailing address current by e-mailing us at admissions-arts@columbia.edu with "Applicant Address Update" in the subject line. Any changes necessary can be made from within your on-line application.

The School of the Arts regrets that due to the large volume of applications, we cannot provide individual explanations to those who are not admitted.