Will visiting a program now help my waiting list chances?

mcquistones

I just received word from the director of admissions that I'm in the top two on the waiting list for admission and full funding for a great program that I'd love to attend. However, I never visited the school because I was swamped at work and honestly didn't think I had a shot, but applied anyways. My question is, does anyone think that visiting the program now will possibly help my chances? Or will that just bring it to their attention that I didn't visit it before now? It is a smaller program, so I'm assuming they are aware...

Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated!

bump...i'm also interested in an answer to this question...although i suspect that it really depends on the department and how their admission committee works...some of them make it extremely difficult for an applicant to influence proceedings by something like a visit or a reciprocated wish to work with a particular professor.

It definitely helps to keep letting them know that you are still interested in their program, so to that end, visiting would help. Ultimately though, you need 2 people (or possibly only one if the other waitlisted person goes elsewhere) who got admitted to go somewhere else. Good luck!

Edited by newms