MIT MechE admits

brahmin

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=mechanical+engineering&t=a&o=&p=4

According to this website, quite a few Mechanical engineering majors got into MIT. I was following this website, but missed quite a lot of posts in which people got admitted into MIT. I realized only today more than a handful of you got admitted. Though I have not received their decision yet, now it looks like I will not get in. Can some of you share your profile in this thread. I just wanted to know where I fell short.

I am also in the same situation waiting for a decision from MIT. I asked them if they had made any decision on my app, they said its still with the committee. So probably we are on a wait list or something. Actually I have seen one reject on Edulix for MIT MechE, so if they have to reject us straight they would have done it long time ago. Btw r u an intl applicant ?

Edited by Fugitive

Ya that's what i thought too...I know a friend from my same university who got rejected..so I guess we still have a chance...but I think its slim now..which sux

Yes, I'm international but finished my undergrad from Georgia Tech.

Ya that's what i thought too...I know a friend from my same university who got rejected..so I guess we still have a chance...but I think its slim now..which sux

Yes, I'm international but finished my undergrad from Georgia Tech.

Oh fine. Are u a PhD applicant ? I am really nervous.

Oh fine. Are u a PhD applicant ? I am really nervous.

MIT M.Sc. MechE applicant waiting here as well (I got a reject letter last year when I applied for Fall 2010 on March 2nd). I Still have not heard anything from the school. I suppose the longer we wait the more likely it is we got wait listed. Which is better than a flat out reject :).

Also waiting on the MIT M.Eng Manufacturing program (but they say those results wont come out until mid-March).

MIT M.Sc. MechE applicant waiting here as well (I got a reject letter last year when I applied for Fall 2010 on March 2nd). I Still have not heard anything from the school. I suppose the longer we wait the more likely it is we got wait listed. Which is better than a flat out reject :).

Also waiting on the MIT M.Eng Manufacturing program (but they say those results wont come out until mid-March).

Ya.Does anyone know the acceptance rate for wait listed applicants ?

Ya.Does anyone know the acceptance rate for wait listed applicants ?

I don't, but I'm pretty sure MIT has one of the highest matriculation rates of accepted applicants, so the acceptance rate for wait listed applicants is probably rather low :/

I don't, but I'm pretty sure MIT has one of the highest matriculation rates of accepted applicants, so the acceptance rate for wait listed applicants is probably rather low :/

Hmm Ok..Lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst..

Edited by Fugitive

Hmm Ok..Lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst..

I agree. I am an applicant of the PhD program. I have not received any mails from them since 2011. Most guys in my university who applied meche are also in the same situation. I don't believe they would keep such a long wl.

I agree. I am an applicant of the PhD program. I have not received any mails from them since 2011. Most guys in my university who applied meche are also in the same situation. I don't believe they would keep such a long wl.

Well, according to lasts year's stats, it appears that they sent out acceptances with a few rejections in late Feb, early march. Followed by rejections in the middle of march and then acceptances at the end of march/slowly through april.

Seems to me that they accept the "first choice candidates" in late Feb, reject the "definitely no" candidates in mid March. and then admit the wait listed candidates towards the end of march or in april depending on the responses they got from the "first choice candidates"

so stressful!

Well, according to lasts year's stats, it appears that they sent out acceptances with a few rejections in late Feb, early march. Followed by rejections in the middle of march and then acceptances at the end of march/slowly through april.

Seems to me that they accept the "first choice candidates" in late Feb, reject the "definitely no" candidates in mid March. and then admit the wait listed candidates towards the end of march or in april depending on the responses they got from the "first choice candidates"

so stressful!

Thanks for your information. It is for the PhD or Master?

P.S if someone change my application to M.S from PhD, will it can increase the admission possibility?