How long does it normally take?

ruslik

I had a phone conversation (interview?) with a professor at one of the programs I applied. It was a couple of weeks ago, and since I haven't hear anything from the school.

I wonder how long does it normally take in such a case untill a formal decision comes... I suppose I shouldn't worry yet. But I am really obsessive with checking my emails every moment.

<br />I had a phone conversation (interview?) with a professor at one of the programs I applied. It was a couple of weeks ago, and since I haven't hear anything from the school. <br />I wonder how long does it normally take in such a case untill a formal decision comes...  I suppose I shouldn't worry yet. But I am really obsessive with checking my emails every moment.<br /><br /><br />

Did your prof mention by when you'd hear back? If he didnt, then I wouldnt hesitate to send a quick polite email asking just that... but also reiterating your interest. This assumes you havent already been emailing though, and that it has been 14 days since your last conv with him/her. Good luck!

I had a phone conversation (interview?) with a professor at one of the programs I applied. It was a couple of weeks ago, and since I haven't hear anything from the school.

I wonder how long does it normally take in such a case untill a formal decision comes... I suppose I shouldn't worry yet. But I am really obsessive with checking my emails every moment.

The same thing happened to me. My interview was more than two and a half weeks ago. The prof sort of implied that I've been admitted, and said that I'll hear from them Monday, but I've seen 3 Mondays since, and not heard anything. On the plus side though, I'm seeing a lot of rejections for that school here, but no acceptances with funding yet, so I'm still hopeful.