UNC or NCSU admit for CS MS

Dsp

Has anyone heard from UNC or NCSU for Computer Science MS? What are the funding chances there?

The chances of funding are not very good at NCSU. They give more preference to PhD students than MS students. I have already heard from NCSU in feb 1st week. I had applied for PhD CS. I got rejected.

But I think I saw some posts on the results board for NCSU masters. I can't say anything about UNC.

Best of luck with your applications.

The chances of funding are not very good at NCSU. They give more preference to PhD students than MS students. I have already heard from NCSU in feb 1st week. I had applied for PhD CS. I got rejected.

But I think I saw some posts on the results board for NCSU masters. I can't say anything about UNC.

Best of luck with your applications.

Just to add to the funding issue, I got accepted to NCSU for PhD and the acceptance letter stated that only 15% of the accepted PhDs actually got funding. Seems kind of a low percentage to me, but who knows. Guess it depends on how many they actually accepted. The stipend is for $16,808 for 9 months. No mention of anything for the summer. But if its only 15% of accepted PhDs then I assume Masters would be even less than that.

Good luck.