Sociology PhD Updates?

knicole

So, now that it is March I am thinking, negatively of course, that it is rejection month. There are a few schools I just haven't heard from that I haven't seen many postings on either. Johns Hopkins? Duke?

Anyway, I'm just curious how everyone else is doing at this exhausting point in the process?

Same boat here... Only rejections and silence on my end. :-( I didn't apply to Johns Hopkins or Duke but I'm still waiting [for rejections] from Boston College and UI-Chicago. I called Boston today and they said they'll be in review... until April.

I'd say my mood varies on the spectrum of hopeless and exhausted ---------> Tearing my hair out.

I was rejected from one school and waitlisted for TWO schools. I am still waiting to hear from one school and am really hoping to be accepted so that I can at least have a definite option. Regarldess, it looks like this process will go into April. One more month of this torture seems unbearable. It will be soooo much worse if I don't get accepted to the school I am waiting to hear from. Seriously, I don't know how I will survive.