MESAAS

hello all,

I just joined today and I'm already really enjoying the sense of communal anxiety here.

So does anyone have word yet from Columbia's MESAAS? The posts don't seem to be indicating that, but I thought I'd ask-- I'm really anxious to hear back from them, it's my top choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my rejection from MESAAS yesterday via an e-mail with a link. Apparently the incoming cohort includes 2 people

Do you know if acceptances/waitlists have also been sent out? Or referrals for the MA? A number of us have heard nothing.

Do you know if acceptances/waitlists have also been sent out? Or referrals for the MA? A number of us have heard nothing.

If you go to the app.applyyourself.com Columbia GSAS website, the central hub when you were filling out your application, there may be a link that says Decision Status, available XXX. Another comment in the NES thread made me think that acceptances had already been sent out, but I can't say for sure

If you go to the app.applyyourself.com Columbia GSAS website, the central hub when you were filling out your application, there may be a link that says Decision Status, available XXX. Another comment in the NES thread made me think that acceptances had already been sent out, but I can't say for sure

Many thanks, but no luck....still application submitted.

I need to learn to be patient!

anyone heard anything? The waiting's killing me... If I'm not good enough then reject me now ! God I wish they will notify everyone ASAP so that we could all avoid jeopardizing our enrollment at other schoolsunsure.gif

Did you apply to another Faculty/Institute in Columbia, for example the Institute for Comparative Literature and Society? Because maybe that could be it. Also, if you search the Results Board for past years (using the keyword MEALAC, not MESAAS) you'll see that several users reported that they applied to the PhD but, somewhere in late March, they were offered the MA instead (with no funding). Still, I know that the wait makes someone crazy, but don't despair. Keep the hope alive :)

These guys seem to be notoriously late for sending results. I haven't heard anything from them one way or the other. Rashid Khalidi is here in Beirut tomorrow, though, so there's that.