Contacting the potential supervisor one last time?

rehabgirl

So, I became overly anxious about my decision and emailed the grad secretary, her response basically said that she was sorry for the delay and that it usually doesn't take them until so late to make decisions...and that my potential supervisor is somewhat concerned about my marks, but feels that I would be able to work on a project that she has in mind. The grad secretary said that she hopes she can give me a definite answer tomorrow...I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's worth it to make a final plea to the potential supervisor, and if so, what the best way to go about it would be?

So, I became overly anxious about my decision and emailed the grad secretary, her response basically said that she was sorry for the delay and that it usually doesn't take them until so late to make decisions...and that my potential supervisor is somewhat concerned about my marks, but feels that I would be able to work on a project that she has in mind. The grad secretary said that she hopes she can give me a definite answer tomorrow...I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's worth it to make a final plea to the potential supervisor, and if so, what the best way to go about it would be?

I would send an e-mail. More formal, less intrusive, less chance of saying something out of nervousness that might be misconstrued.

Start by saying that you understand it's their crazy season and you don't mean to add to their difficulties, etc., and that you are just writing to say that you remain very interested in the program and hope to hear something from them soon. That you are especially eager to work with this supervisor and excited about the project that he/she has in mind.

That's it. Don't mention the issue with marks. That will only remind the person again that you have an issue with marks, whereas you want him/her to focus on your potential to help with the project. And if you have anything at all positive to add to your CV, you might mention that -- awards, pubs, good papers you've written, compliments in the bar (just kidding, but you get the idea).

Anyway, that's what I would do.

Good luck :!: