killed my gre exam

grepidit

i had my gre appointment the day before yesterday, so i have a vivid memory of what had happened. Although i had completed exercises from Nova, Big Book, Princeton Review, Barrons' and few reference from

the internet, the score that I came up with was 630Q and 540V. Further, I had dedicated a complete 2 months practice prior to the exam week. But, what did I come up with, a Disaster? My target was 750Q< and 600Q<

(as I'm not a native speaker, but I was, till the very day of my exam, so confident in scoring almost 800Q ), and it was until yesterday I was gone for a prolong numbness. I really thought I need to come out of this, and as soon as I did, I am right infront of the comp to share my experience.

SO lets cut things short and talk about the problems I faced during the exam.

Problem 1: I had some problem to account my attendance

Problem 2: Connected with Problem 1 as it took too long that I began experiencing rudimentary state of Panic Attack

Problem 3: Problem 2 began to mature

Problem 4: All those rush to correct things before entering the test room began challenging my composure

Problem 5: Well, guess what, I lost my composure

Problem 6: Panic Attack+Loss of Composure+2 mins to solve the first question on Quantitative

Problem 7: Problem

Problem 8: Accumulation of these problem

Problem 9: easy questions, and mind began rambling

Problem 10: Randomly pushing buttons without hesitation

Without any firsthand or secondhand experience on any of the above Problem, I had usually scored around 790Q and 640V during my practice.

• 2 weeks later...

I seemed to have somewhat of a panic situation too. In my practice. I took about 12 practice exams, scoring greater than 700 Q and ranged about 450-500 V every time; this is the score I was hoping for as well. I didn't once practice or even think about the analytical writing section, and when it came up during exam time, I wrote both of the essays in about 5 minutes and somehow managed to score a 5/6. The rest of it didn't go to well; as I felt simultaneously exhausted and extremely anxious.