Duke MPP

Anyone flying over for Open House from the West Coast?

Does anyone have recommendations for airfare source? I'm finding that tickets are very expensive...

I just use Kayak.com or Sidestep.com

You can try purchasing your ticket on a Tuesday--they tend to be cheaper. I'm flying in from Hawaii, but will be breaking my trip up. From CA LAX, I found a ticket for $115 (total)--not bad at all.

115 !! o.O

I've been searching and searching and all I get is 350 +

I just use Kayak.com or Sidestep.com

You can try purchasing your ticket on a Tuesday--they tend to be cheaper. I'm flying in from Hawaii, but will be breaking my trip up. From CA LAX, I found a ticket for $115 (total)--not bad at all.

115 !! o.O

I've been searching and searching and all I get is 350 +

*forehead smack* I'm sorry! I was looking at one-way airfare. My plan was to get out there and then travel to the other schools I was planning on visiting. Sorry about that!

If you break it up so that you buy one-way tickets, it comes out to 300, so you save a little bit. I'm not sure how much ticket prices are going to differ--it's always a gamble to wait to see if they go down. But the Tuesday rule seems pretty standard.

Edited by kapture

*forehead smack* I'm sorry! I was looking at one-way airfare. My plan was to get out there and then travel to the other schools I was planning on visiting. Sorry about that!

If you break it up so that you buy one-way tickets, it comes out to 300, so you save a little bit. I'm not sure how much ticket prices are going to differ--it's always a gamble to wait to see if they go down. But the Tuesday rule seems pretty standard.

Ahh I see. Thanks for the helpful tips. I wasn't expecting tickets to be in the 300 range, but I'll search for Tuesday flights

Hope to see you there!

Ahh I see. Thanks for the helpful tips. I wasn't expecting tickets to be in the 300 range, but I'll search for Tuesday flights

Hope to see you there!

I totally understand, and I apologize for not being able to offer more help. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to finance my first leg to LA, but I suppose it's worth it in the grand scheme of things.

• 2 weeks later...