Is is possible that I will decline the offer after April 15?

sakbaljjang

Hello you guys,

I just want to know it is possible to decline the offer which I accecpted after April 15.

I have already accepted one offer with full financial support, but I am on the waiting list of my favorite school..

So, If I will be admitted from that favorite school in the near future, I want to decline the past offer I have already accepted,,,

However, I am wondering it is possible. How do you think about this??

Were there any case like this around you guys or have you ever seen like that?

Please help me or give me some advices~ thank you guys~

Well it would suck to do it, but yes you can you won't get arrested or anything. If I were in your situation I would have done the same thing, accept the best offer and then wait to hear on the wait-listed one. If I got into my favorite program, I would accept it and kindly explain to the other school what happened. I'm sure it happens now and then, they'll still be annoyed but in my opinion you have to do what's best for you. Good luck!

According to the CGS agreement, for any school to admit you if a) you've accepted an offer from another CGS school, and B) it is past April 15th, they will need a written release from the school you originally accepted.

Whether any of these CGS signatories follow their own rules is a matter for debate. I've heard countless examples again this year of grad schools attempting to circumvent their own (voluntary) agreement. Of course, if you try to do the same shady business as they do, you'll be gutted and spitted, but that's another story entirely.

Although it is unethical, it could really make a difference in your life where you choose to go to grad school. I guess it's your call which is more important, moral principles or practical benefit.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use