Has anyone heard from UIC and Tufts?

amyb

Waiting on Tufts as well! I saw some acceptances and rejections on the results board a while back (not many, just a few). But I have heard nothing - so of course I am wondering what that might mean!. I emailed the admissions office and they replied that all decisions would be finalized and sent out by April 1. People will be notified on the application status website.

Which track did you apply to at Tufts? Did you interview with anyone?

Yeah, I was interviewed at UIC 2 weekends ago, and still no word. Hopefully this week will be the one!

Hey, I just heard back this morning. So I'd say this week should be the one for acceptances. But since it is up to the POI to e-mail you, there is no guarantee what day the e-mail may come.

Good luck.

Hey, I just heard back this morning. So I'd say this week should be the one for acceptances. But since it is up to the POI to e-mail you, there is no guarantee what day the e-mail may come.

Good luck.

aw crap. Now I'm going to be impulsively checking my gmail every minute.

Waiting on Tufts too. Interviewed in February and haven't heard anything since.....

can I ask who you interviewed with? I'm waiting on Ambady...

I feel like a rejection is coming my way, and I'm fine with that, I just want to KNOW, dear God :(

can I ask who you interviewed with? I'm waiting on Ambady...

I feel like a rejection is coming my way, and I'm fine with that, I just want to KNOW, dear God :(

I just received an email this morning to check the online application status soon.

I'm nervous!! :(

Ugh, I STILL haven't heard back from UIC. I just want to know since it was not my top choice so I can get on with choosing between my top 2 research fits.

If it wasn't your top choice, and you have offers from your top 2, why don't you just withdraw your application and pick one of those?

If it wasn't your top choice, and you have offers from your top 2, why don't you just withdraw your application and pick one of those?

Because I'd rather just hear from them first, and even if I was handed a spot, I would turn it down for one of the others that might want to be in Chicago next year.

Because I'd rather just hear from them first, and even if I was handed a spot, I would turn it down for one of the others that might want to be in Chicago next year.

Again, if you're just gonna turn it down anyway, let someone else have it sooner than later.

Sooo.....anyone else still waiting? From the looks of the results board a few social / school psych applicants have been notified. I'm waiting on the cognitive subsection & still nada...

I am still waiting to hear from 8 cognitive phd programs, in addition to some masters with later deadlines..... even though I'm sure most of those are rejections (they'll go nicely with my collection...) I just want to know, so I can move forward and start seriously looking for a job if I have to. Come on, adcomms, throw me a bone here!

Sooo.....anyone else still waiting? From the looks of the results board a few social / school psych applicants have been notified. I'm waiting on the cognitive subsection & still nada...

I am waiting as well on cognitive. I emailed admissions a couple of weeks ago and they said we should know by April 1. Do you mind sharing your POI? If you don't want to share on here, feel free to PM me.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting as well on cognitive. I emailed admissions a couple of weeks ago and they said we should know by April 1. Do you mind sharing your POI? If you don't want to share on here, feel free to PM me.:rolleyes:

Well I guess they're waiting til the absolutely last minute for decisions. Here's to one more week!

I emailed UIC psych dept coordinator and asked when the decisions will be announced,

and she said

The faculty members are in the process of making final admissions decisions.

Once a decision has been made on your application, your status will be updated on the application that you submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records.

Do I still have a chance to get accepted? Do I still have hope?

I'm expecting it will be another reject... sigh

I emailed UIC psych dept coordinator and asked when the decisions will be announced,

and she said

The faculty members are in the process of making final admissions decisions.

Once a decision has been made on your application, your status will be updated on the application that you submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records.

Do I still have a chance to get accepted? Do I still have hope?

I'm expecting it will be another reject... sigh

I'd say so. My feeling on the whole matter is that those who are the first round acceptances and those who are absolute rejections are emailed/updated right away and those that are on what would amount to a waitlist are...just not contacted-which is horrible. Then as people reject their offers they will contact people off the waitlist. So it might just be that you have to wait until either you name comes up or all the spots are filled to be updated.

Good luck!

I'd say so. My feeling on the whole matter is that those who are the first round acceptances and those who are absolute rejections are emailed/updated right away and those that are on what would amount to a waitlist are...just not contacted-which is horrible. Then as people reject their offers they will contact people off the waitlist. So it might just be that you have to wait until either you name comes up or all the spots are filled to be updated.

Good luck!

Oh, there is still hope! Trust me :) Maybe the person they first gave the offer to is still deciding. That means you still have a chance.

Yeah, I was placed on a waitlist without being told so, but I turned down my spot anyways a couple of days ago for someone else to (possibly) take. It was bizarre getting a response email back from Stellan Ohlsson with all of the cognitive faculty CC-ed on it after I told them I had found a better match for me between a couple of other schools. Considering my research interests at other schools are pretty much in line with UIC's faculty, there is no doubt I will be seeing them a lot at conferences in the future. He was very responsive and collegial in the email, so it's good to know that they understand UIC is not for everyone. Loved the students, the city, but not the campus, or the faculty tensions too much.

I didn't interview with UIC and I don't anticipate that I'm on any type of waiting list, so as a courtesy could they just send me my denial!

agreed.. i got accepted to 2 masters programs, and UIC is the only PhD option left for me... i just want to know for sure whether it's a rejection or not, so i can make a decision!! urghhh