GPA importance

Weepsie

When applying it was not something I gave much consideration to as It's not widely used in Ireland/UK, but how important is GPA and what is the scale.

On the face of my overall results, one may not think theyre all that impressive. I averaged around 64/65% in both my BA and MA. That equates to second class honour, grade one (2.1) or a B. generally75% isan A+ and is quite hard to get. I think my GPA is about 3.4 or 3.5 but not sure whether that's considered good. If it is I may get offered some sort of funding which would make it an automatic yes to head on over to Canada.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry Weepsie, I would have gotten to this sooner, but I wanted to see my results before talking out of my backside.

I've been accepted to every school I applied to with a 3.3 GPA, this is average for college students, but a tad below for applicants to most graduate schools (Especially Madison, my #1) I

I think (I don't know, but I think) that experience matters A LOT more than GPA, I have teaching and archival experience, and I think this shows that you have a commitment to library sciences in specific.

I did figure that experience and my references would be most important (both of which are good) so wasn't too concerned. I barely thought of it after all. It may not matter any way as ive got more unforeseen costs are arising in the meantime that is making it a little more difficult.