College Station, TX

Guest Cheryl B

On 2/2/2020 at 5:06 PM, Psychological Yam said:

hiiii this thread has been dead but as a potential aggie, i have some questions!

how difficult is it to find a job in the area if you aren't a student? moving with my bf who has a BS in management information systems and am concerned he might have to move to austin or dallas to get a job.

second, looking for *updated* apartment recommendations for one bedrooms! more specifically, close to campus, allows cats, washer & dryer inside are our priorities. price isn't that much of an issue, just looking for under $1000 a month

Hey! I'm attaching a spreadsheet of apartment recommendations (and anti-recommendations) for you, @ikillberejected, and @MrSergazinov that some grad students have put together. Always feel free to reach out to current students in your new departments for recommendations as well!

Jobs in the area aren't bad, but if he does need to move away Houston is a little bit closer than Austin (and definitely closer than Dallas). He might consider trying to find a job within the university system.

@ikillberejected: if you're planning on biking only, I'd consider getting an apartment closer to the grocery store. There are quite a few behind H-E-B including Tower Park, Scandia, The Enclave, and Lexington Apartments.  Those are definitely within biking range of the school. 

Grad Student Apartment Guide.xlsx

2 hours ago, ihatechoosingusernames said:

Hey! I'm attaching a spreadsheet of apartment recommendations (and anti-recommendations) for you, @ikillberejected, and @MrSergazinov that some grad students have put together. Always feel free to reach out to current students in your new departments for recommendations as well!

Jobs in the area aren't bad, but if he does need to move away Houston is a little bit closer than Austin (and definitely closer than Dallas). He might consider trying to find a job within the university system.

@ikillberejected: if you're planning on biking only, I'd consider getting an apartment closer to the grocery store. There are quite a few behind H-E-B including Tower Park, Scandia, The Enclave, and Lexington Apartments.  Those are definitely within biking range of the school. 

Grad Student Apartment Guide.xlsxUnavailable

it says the excel sheet is unavailable! 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:20 AM, ihatechoosingusernames said:

Grad Student Apartment Guide.xlsxUnavailable

Thank you! 

And yes,  it says that the excel sheet is unavailable

• 2 weeks later...