Georgetown SSP

Anybody else going crazy waiting for results from Georgetown's Security Studies Program (SSP)?

Looking at the results page from last year, it seemed like they started sending out rejections around this time and waited to send out acceptances until around the 19th or 20th of March...at this point, I'm hoping I don't hear anything for a few days.

I'm not expecting to get in to this one, but I did apply. When I visited for one of those "informational interviews", the woman I met with told me that something like 60% of those admitted are mid-career level. Maybe it was higher, I don't remember exactly, but I felt very discouraged by that number (being that I am coming straight out of undergrad).

Btro, that's true, but when I talked to their representative (probably the same woman), she said that the straight-out-of-undergrads and the mid-careerists aren't competing against each other for spots. You and I will be up against only the other undergrads.

Whether or not we're competing with them, that only leaves the smaller percent of the total available to us for possible slots! I wish you luck in your application there, and to Elliott School as well, as we seem to be competing against each other there too.

Well, I just got waitlisted at GWU...I have 5 years professional experience in intelligence but my undergrad GPA was a little low. What really blows is that GWU was my alma mater.

I have major doubts about my ability to get in at GT now...oh well. If you need me, I'll be burning all of my old GW memorabilia :lol:

Congrats!! :D

Just wondering...does anyone know if SSP results will be sent via e-mail or only by post? I'm currently away from my mailing address for spring break and would die of anticipation if they only let you know by postal mail! :_(

I'm in! Good luck to everyone!!!

Just wondering...does anyone know if SSP results will be sent via e-mail or only by post? I'm currently away from my mailing address for spring break and would die of anticipation if they only let you know by postal mail! :_(

According to their website, it's 100% only by postal mail :(

Thanks!!

I found out by mail. I don't know if maybe you could give them a call and find out your results what with the situation going on in Japan right now. Good luck!!

Thanks everyone for the info! :) I'll probably need to get in touch with them about the mailing situation after all...!

Thanks!!

I found out by mail. I don't know if maybe you could give them a call and find out your results what with the situation going on in Japan right now. Good luck!!

Just found out I'm in.

I'm kind of taking care of this stuff from afar (I had my things e-mailed to my home address in the US despite living in Bulgaria until July) so I kind of have to look at things via e-mail, webcam, and scans. Was everyone else's acceptance notification just a single letter and a form for the deposit/acceptance of a spot in a small envelope? Anyone hear about possible money yet?

Edited by mcgov36

Just found out I'm in.

I'm kind of taking care of this stuff from afar (I had my things e-mailed to my home address in the US despite living in Bulgaria until July) so I kind of have to look at things via e-mail, webcam, and scans. Was everyone else's acceptance notification just a single letter and a form for the deposit/acceptance of a spot in a small envelope? Anyone hear about possible money yet?

(Sorry for the double post, everyone!) Yep, mine was a single letter, as well. Since it was from the dean of the Graduate School as a whole, I assume we'll be hearing from the SSP separately. It would've been nice if they'd told us when that might be...

(Sorry for the double post, everyone!) Yep, mine was a single letter, as well. Since it was from the dean of the Graduate School as a whole, I assume we'll be hearing from the SSP separately. It would've been nice if they'd told us when that might be...

would you guys/gals that have received notifications mind posting your locations? I'm in Boston and have heard from 3/4 of my schools... gtown's the last one (but top choice) and i'm kinda bugging out.

would you guys/gals that have received notifications mind posting your locations? I'm in Boston and have heard from 3/4 of my schools... gtown's the last one (but top choice) and i'm kinda bugging out.

I'm in Philly, but don't freak yet. People started hearing from SSP on Friday, so they might be sending notifications in waves.

My mailing address is NY and I found out yesterday, so you should hear real soon.

I emailed SSP, and was told that we'll all be getting a bunch of information about funding, financial aid, admitted student chats, visiting days etc by email from the program director this week.