University of Illinois Urbana Champaign

beb205

Hey has anyone that has been accepted to UIUC heard anything about funding? My POI thought it was unusual that I did not get an offer for funding with my acceptance (the letter said that they were unable to tell me anything about funding right now, but that if I should accept there is a 'strong possibility' that I will receive a teaching/research assistantship for 2011/12 and that for my remaining years they have been very successful in funding most students t and I would be eligible for this if I make satisfactory progress.)

So my POI suggested I contact the graduate director who said they 'will likely have more information on department funding possibilities in mid-March.' But I wasn't quite sure what they meant by 'more information.' It seemed a little vague to me so I wasn't sure if this meant they would be sending out definitive funding offers at that time, or if they would just have a better idea of how many people they could fund, which sub-disciplines would get what, etc. From the responses I'm getting from other faculty about this I can't quite make out if all students will probably get funded but they are just working out logistics, or if there is some sort of wait list system or something.

Did anyone else get this type of offer and are still waiting to hear back or have gotten any other information about this? I know I'm being a little anxious since it's not technically mid-march (quite) yet, but it's really hard to wait since its my top choice program and I'd love to be able to accept their offer despite getting ones from Arizona and IU. (I'm sure you guys understand!!)

Edited by tealcoffeebean

Nevermind, I was told today it would be August before they would be able to tell me. AUGUST :(

Hey has anyone that has been accepted to UIUC heard anything about funding? My POI thought it was unusual that I did not get an offer for funding with my acceptance (the letter said that they were unable to tell me anything about funding right now, but that if I should accept there is a 'strong possibility' that I will receive a teaching/research assistantship for 2011/12 and that for my remaining years they have been very successful in funding most students t and I would be eligible for this if I make satisfactory progress.)

So my POI suggested I contact the graduate director who said they 'will likely have more information on department funding possibilities in mid-March.' But I wasn't quite sure what they meant by 'more information.' It seemed a little vague to me so I wasn't sure if this meant they would be sending out definitive funding offers at that time, or if they would just have a better idea of how many people they could fund, which sub-disciplines would get what, etc. From the responses I'm getting from other faculty about this I can't quite make out if all students will probably get funded but they are just working out logistics, or if there is some sort of wait list system or something.

Did anyone else get this type of offer and are still waiting to hear back or have gotten any other information about this? I know I'm being a little anxious since it's not technically mid-march (quite) yet, but it's really hard to wait since its my top choice program and I'd love to be able to accept their offer despite getting ones from Arizona and IU. (I'm sure you guys understand!!)

Hey,

I also applied to UIUC anthropology. Strangely enough, I didn't get any notification for the school, and it makes me very anxious. Although I emailed the department secretary twice to ask the admission process, she didn't answer my question at all. :( I guess most admitted students might have already been contacted by the department. You know, some of them posted the result on this board. Do you know how many students are supposed to be accepted this year? Also, don't you have any idea about other applicants who are still waiting to hear from the school?

You haven't heard admission results yet?? I would try calling or contacting someone else in the department. I got my letter late January so I can't imagine they don't have everything out by now unless they are waiting to send out rejections until they hear back from acceptances (which is doubtful since you don't have to tell them your decision until May 15th). Your letter might have gotten lost in the mail? Defiantly email some more people or call would be my suggestion.

Hey,

I also applied to UIUC anthropology. Strangely enough, I didn't get any notification for the school, and it makes me very anxious. Although I emailed the department secretary twice to ask the admission process, she didn't answer my question at all. :( I guess most admitted students might have already been contacted by the department. You know, some of them posted the result on this board. Do you know how many students are supposed to be accepted this year? Also, don't you have any idea about other applicants who are still waiting to hear from the school?