Emailing the program again?

moni185

So, I am wondering about everyone else's experience on the waitlist. Is it good to email the programs after finding out that one has been placed on the waitlist? I emailed one of the programs at the end of March to let them know that I was still very much interested. They replied with a very friendly email, and said that they couldn't tell me where I was on the list, but that they could have up to 20 people on it. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. What have you guys heard so far from programs regarding the wait list? I am curious, because I am slowly losing hope. Since it has been a couple of weeks, I emailed them again last week, and this time no response...hm. Should I try to contact them again, or just let it go? I almost wish they would have rejected me weeks ago...

My experience was very similar. I emailed them to ask about my admission status in March, they emailed back with a wait list letter. I emailed them to say I was still interested, they sent a friendly email back but couldn't/wouldn't tell me my place on the list. Then on April 16th I emailed them again to ask if "the new cohort had been established yet", and I got a very gentle rejection letter saying that this was a very unusual year in which they couldn't let a single person off the wait list.

Now I'm emailing them again to say thank you for providing the information so quickly, I'm disappointed but I'm glad to see that so many share my high regard for their program, and I would like to contact them again this summer to arrange a visit and discuss improving my application for next year.

Sounds like you've done everything right. If it's been a week and they haven't gotten back to you, I would try again. They're probably really busy with figuring out who they're admitting, so I would try calling the secretary or someone not involved with that process to ask if anyone on the wait list still has a chance.

I received an email last night. I guess they won't know anything until May 1st. I have to accept the other offer by April 30th though, so I will just go with that. Too bad... Sorry to hear you got a rejection. I would definitely ask the programs what you could improve in your application. Good Luck!