U Chicago vs. Princeton ?

soramimicake

I'm trying to decide between Princeton's Molecular Biology program and University of Chicago's Molecular Biosciences program. I really like both programs--the research at the University of Chicago fits my interests more closely, I hit it off with multiple faculty there, and Chicago is closer to where my family lives. I also think that I would enjoy living in the U Chicago area more than Princeton. However, I'm kind of scared of the "where fun goes to die" stereotype--some of the grad students told me that it doesn't really apply to the grad school as much as to undergrad, but I still don't want to be miserable somewhere for 5+ years!

I felt really at home at Princeton and out of all of the "prospective classes", I felt like I got along best with the other people that I met at Princeton. Princeton also had the opportunity for a teaching certificate, and I think that I may want to go into teaching, so that's a big plus. The faculty all seemed great there as well, but the research didn't fit my interests as closely, and there were fewer faculty choices.

I've talked to students from both programs in person and over e-mail, but everybody seems to have solely positive things to say about both schools...does anybody have any thoughts on either place?

Thanks!:)