Maryland College Park funding

thegurubase

• 3 weeks later...

I got an MS CS admit at UMCP. Does anyone have any idea about the funding here? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

I got an MS CS admit too, and I have the same question.

How much will I get per month if I can get a TA job?

Any luck on determining funding amount? I'm on their waiting list

Hi~

I was accepted to the PhD and offered guaranteed TA for two years w/ fellowship. However, it seems that once you find an advisor, you can change to RA immediately.

I also heard that UMD is generous to MS students also.

Good luck!

@kinderegg: The general opinion is that funding is not hard to get at UMD. Apparently, even masters students get funding. Maybe not as RAs. But I've heard that getting a TA is not difficult. Have you accepted the offer yet?

@kinderegg: The general opinion is that funding is not hard to get at UMD. Apparently, even masters students get funding. Maybe not as RAs. But I've heard that getting a TA is not difficult. Have you accepted the offer yet?

I heard the same as you did. However, there is really no guarantee to get a TA. I am still considering UCLA or UCSD from which I am guaranteed to get at least in-state tuition. Difficult to make a decision.

How about you? Are you still trying to decide?

I heard the same as you did. However, there is really no guarantee to get a TA. I am still considering UCLA or UCSD from which I am guaranteed to get at least in-state tuition. Difficult to make a decision.

How about you? Are you still trying to decide?

Yet to decide. I am thinking of going to UIUC. They're very generous there as well. And the ranking is much higher compared to UMD. So no, I haven't made a decision. Not yet. I am kinda leaning towards UIUC though.

UCSD is great. And with in-state tuition, you have nothing to worry about. However, UMD CS dept's brand name is not something to be taken lightly.:D. Tough decision to make.