Trachtenberg MPA/MPP

Haven't received mine yet either (email acceptance on 2/16). Did Bethany mention when they were sent in the mail?

Anyone not get their packet/financial aid offers yet? I know Bethany said they were "in the mail" but I just wanted to know if I was one of few or one of many!

Haven't received mine yet either (email acceptance on 2/16). Did Bethany mention when they were sent in the mail?

I haven't received mine, but I assumed that was because I'm in India right now, good to see others are waiting too.

I received my email scholarship offer - did you guys? I have yet to get the snail mail version, however.

I can't make the open house and I am BUMMED because my decision is nowhere near to being made. I'm hoping that if I visit during the first weekend of April, I will be able to still get a feel for GW!

I got an email that I've been awarded a $5,000 fellowship and that I'm on a "waiting list for more generous awards." I got my unofficial acceptance sometime in January. Maybe they don't notify people who are on the waiting list for $ until there's news...? I can't make the open house, either, but I wish I could.

Edited by jean85

I got an email that I've been awarded a $5,000 fellowship and that I'm on a "waiting list for more generous awards." I got my unofficial acceptance sometime in January. Maybe they don't notify people who are on the waiting list for $ until there's news...? I can't make the open house, either, but I wish I could.

Same email, same award! :) I wonder if we ALL are on this "waiting" list for more funding

Still waiting for even an acceptance :(

I emailed them and they told me the faculty is out on spring break (picturing professors partying in cancun) and that they will hopefully have a decision when they come back, which I think is next week. I bet they are going to figure out funding situations for the rest of you after they finish going through all the applications...

I'm still wait-listed -- got that notice mid-Feb. I assume they give the wait-listed folks a real answer only after the deadline for accepted applicants to decide, but I'm not holding my breath (got into AU).

-Sean

Drats. Rejected. I could tell these people were very numbers-oriented based on their application length. It was wayyy too short.

Just out of curiosity, how much would AU have to offer you to change your mind?

Just got back from accepted students day and I've made up my mind (barring a huge funding package from AU) that I'll be at GW next year!!!

Could you let me know how the GWU MPP open house went? I'm deciding between GWU and Georgetown for the MPP. I'm from out of state, so I can only make the Georgetown one on Friday.

And if you have any insight on GWU vs. Georgetown, that would be amazing if you could share it as well. Thanks!

Just got back from accepted students day and I've made up my mind (barring a huge funding package from AU) that I'll be at GW next year!!!

Just out of curiosity, how much would AU have to offer you to change your mind?

Honestly now that I've been thinking about it for a few days, I don't know if anything less than a full ride would even tempt me. I applied for a program other than the MPP at AU but still within SPA so that also made a difference. AU has a great program and I loved it when I went to visit, but I just loved GW more. It has the name value and the program is bigger so there's more of a network. Also I think the MPA degree I'd be getting holds more weight than the other one while still letting me incorporate things from the other program that I want. Just my two cents!

Thank you! Sorry for being nosy :)

Honestly now that I've been thinking about it for a few days, I don't know if anything less than a full ride would even tempt me. I applied for a program other than the MPP at AU but still within SPA so that also made a difference. AU has a great program and I loved it when I went to visit, but I just loved GW more. It has the name value and the program is bigger so there's more of a network. Also I think the MPA degree I'd be getting holds more weight than the other one while still letting me incorporate things from the other program that I want. Just my two cents!